Nebraska Legislature Thread

On 3/31/2022 at 5:06 PM, funhusker said:

Why does the state put ANY money into it? 

I figured it was all the city of Omaha and MECA.  

Nebraska has a 5.5% State Sales Tax, so it would benefit the entire state of Nebraska to have big events in Omaha, to help generate a more Sales tax.  Plus, having a big arena for concerts and other events makes Omaha and the state more attractive, which increases the overall population and increases State Income Taxes.

• 3 months later...

On 4/6/2022 at 4:34 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

Nebraska has a 5.5% State Sales Tax, so it would benefit the entire state of Nebraska to have big events in Omaha, to help generate a more Sales tax.  Plus, having a big arena for concerts and other events makes Omaha and the state more attractive, which increases the overall population and increases State Income Taxes.

That is great. But, it’s also great when those facilities and events are spread throughout the state. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That is great. But, it’s also great when those facilities and events are spread throughout the state. 

But that $ generated by the Omaha events is spread across the state.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is also state $ going to Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln and even the Kearney arena, along with other locations across the state.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But that $ generated by the Omaha events is spread across the state.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is also state $ going to Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln and even the Kearney arena, along with other locations across the state.

And so does an event center in grand island, Kearney…..etc. 

• Plus1 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What would this do to my Dad, a retired military man, who's now 100% disabled and basically home 24/7?  Or my mom, who cannot drive and lives on a fixed income, so taking an Uber (or similar) would be out of the question.    And it's not like my parents are the only two that have these issues.   Absolutely insane that he is proposing this.

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, sho said:

What would this do to my Dad, a retired military man, who's now 100% disabled and basically home 24/7?  Or my mom, who cannot drive and lives on a fixed income, so taking an Uber (or similar) would be out of the question.    And it's not like my parents are the only two that have these issues.   Absolutely insane that he is proposing this.

It’s f#&%ing stupid. 

• Plus1 1