Nebraska Legislature Thread

• 2 weeks later...

What a load of crap.  If I want to invest my 401K in ESG funds, I should be allowed to.

Last month, before he left office, former Nebraska Attorney General Doug Peterson issued a report warning state investment officials about ESG investing as “dangerous” and “a threat to our democratic form of government” because it seeks to impose sustainability goals of the United Nation on U.S. companies.

For those that don't live in Nebraska, property taxes are a huge issue.  Multiple governors have committed to fixing it.  But, none have.  How, we have a new one that is trying.

Something that's always been frustrating for me in the discussion is, everyone has great ideas on how to lower the taxes.  But, nobody has the great idea on how to replace the revenue.  Some have mentioned legalizing pot and gambling and tax it.  It's about the only idea I've heard.  I'm not sold on that this would create enough revenue to replace what they want to cut.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So, let me get this straight.  These people were upset when a pipeline was stopped that was using eminent domain to allow a foreign government and foreign company to use our land to transport their products to market and be exported somewhere else other than the US.

BUT....God forbid, a local community uses eminent domain to put up an energy generating system that would be used locally and the local people would benefit from.

Good thing this sounds like it's not going to pass.