Nebraska Legislature Thread

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's mostly that you don't seem very curious, or interested in doing the simple things that would turn your opinions into informed opinions. Kinda the antithesis of teaching, really. 

Thanks, really!  

But you didn't answer my question, what are your thoughts on that?

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Thanks, really!  

But you didn't answer my question, what are your thoughts on that?

It was actually a series of stupid and slanted questions. My issue was about the qualities I'd look for in a teacher, taking your larger posting history into account. I'm sticking with that answer.

You cheerfully admit the many many subjects you know next to nothing about. So I'm honestly not being a d!(k about this. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It was actually a series of stupid and slanted questions. My issue was about the qualities I'd look for in a teacher, taking your larger posting history into account. I'm sticking with that answer.

You cheerfully admit the many many subjects you know next to nothing about. So I'm honestly not being a d!(k about this. 

Dude, you could say anything to me or about me and I would not think you were being a d!(k, this is a post board.  I wish that I knew as much as you do about so many political and environmental things.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Trump, the sources said, called State Sen. Tom Brewer, who chairs the State Legislature’s Government, Military and Veterans Affairs Committee, and urged him to take action to get a winner-take-all bill up for debate in the waning days of the 2024 session.

Four working days remain in the 60-day session.

Brewer, the sources said, responded that it doesn’t work that way. The deadline is past to vote a bill out of a committee and get it passed this year. In addition, the Speaker of the Legislature on Friday said it’s also too late to amend a bill into another bill.

Trump then reportedly told Brewer, who is term-limited this year, that his political career was over.

Brewer, 65, is a decorated military veteran who represents Nebraska’s Sandhills area.

-----

When asked about the call Friday evening, Chris LaCivita, the co-manager of the Trump campaign, said Trump “absolutely, 110% did not speak with anyone in the State of Nebraska in the last six weeks.”

Brewer, when asked about the call initially, told the Examiner that it was a private conversation and he would not comment. Later, when told a news story was going to be posted, the senator texted that he would deny there was a conversation.

Three state senators said they had heard the story of the call directly from Brewer. They spoke to the Examiner only on the condition that they not be named for fear of reprisals.

Lol @ the bold.

Of course Pillen stuck his nose in this.

Ahh well, if there's one thing Nebraskans are used to, it's having conservatism rammed down their throat whether they like it or not.

But Nebraska conservatism used to be different. It's a shame places that used to pride themselves on a bit more independent-minded conservatism have also debased themselves at the altar of Trumpism.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Of course Pillen stuck his nose in this.

No doubt.  Trump even campaigned for Pillen's R primary opponent, but Pillen still bows down to Trump's demands.  Spineless and pathetic is what it is.  But that's today's GOP.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • 2 weeks later...