Huskers Land DePaul Transfer Keon Edwards

If he never would have reclassified its safe to assume Nebraska would have a top 10 class this year. 

I like his potential and what he brings to the table- can defend, shoot, and get to the rim. 

His semester at DePaul does not affect anything. Still has four years remaining and it is to be treated like early enrolling for football except he got to play in games. He also was going into a team with a solidified rotation. 

Fred has himself some depth and can use a lot of different guys out there. This shows our PG depth must be fine as we were rumored to be looking around for one in the portal. 

We still have one scholarship available to use if we want to. My best guess is that scholarship is used for next year since Kobe and Trevor already both have free years of eligibility. 

On 4/17/2021 at 6:05 PM, HuskermanMike said:

If he never would have reclassified its safe to assume Nebraska would have a top 10 class this year. 

I like his potential and what he brings to the table- can defend, shoot, and get to the rim. 

His semester at DePaul does not affect anything. Still has four years remaining and it is to be treated like early enrolling for football except he got to play in games. He also was going into a team with a solidified rotation. 

Fred has himself some depth and can use a lot of different guys out there. This shows our PG depth must be fine as we were rumored to be looking around for one in the portal. 

We still have one scholarship available to use if we want to. My best guess is that scholarship is used for next year since Kobe and Trevor already both have free years of eligibility. 

I think they will have additional spots because still some rumors on Stevenson and Thor. Most think Stevenson is gone and Thor is weighing his options.

My guess is we still add one more transfer and then keep our eyes/ears open but as you said push those to future years.

This recruiting class is probably the best we have ever had. The talent is there. Bringing back guys who have played together is huge as well.

Now I am curious to see how it all comes together. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

This recruiting class is probably the best we have ever had. The talent is there. Bringing back guys who have played together is huge as well.

Now I am curious to see how it all comes together. 

Obviously we would tend to be biased towards the Huskers.

But we seem to be bringing back the lion's share of our production (granted off a team that didn't win a lot of games) while other B1G teams are losing key pieces.  And I don't know what others are bringing in but I would doubt many have added the potential that we have.

We return five of the top six from the end of the season* in minutes played, top five scorers, top three three point percentages, top four three point makes, top four rebounders, five of the top six in assists, three of the top four in steals and top three in blocks.  

We would seem to be in a great spot to make a jump in the win column.

*-discounting Teddy Allen who was obviously missing from the team down the stretch.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Obviously we would tend to be biased towards the Huskers.

But we seem to be bringing back the lion's share of our production (granted off a team that didn't win a lot of games) while other B1G teams are losing key pieces.  And I don't know what others are bringing in but I would doubt many have added the potential that we have.

We return five of the top six from the end of the season* in minutes played, top five scorers, top three three point percentages, top four three point makes, top four rebounders, five of the top six in assists, three of the top four in steals and top three in blocks.  

We would seem to be in a great spot to make a jump in the win column.

*-discounting Teddy Allen who was obviously missing from the team down the stretch.

I agree. We brought in good talent for last season but no one had played together. As you stated, we now can have a few guys learning the offense while everyone else is just improving.

It will help to allow some really talented guys the ability to assimilate slower if need be.

That being said, guys like Bryce Mcgowens, CJ Wilcher, Keon Edwards should be key contributors early and then guys like Keisei Tominaga, Wilhelm Breidenbach can take time to warm into the system.

Its very exciting. I am hoping for a top 8 finish but if the team grows as they can and fixes turnovers/free throws, no reason they cant make the dance and win a game!

• Plus1 1

It’ll be really interesting to see where NU is picked in the pre-season B1G poll. @Mavric and @Minnesota_husker covered in great detail already what we bring back and when you look across the league: 

Iowa loses everyone

Rutgers loses a lot

IU, PSU, MN all new coaches

Wisconsin loses a lot 

Purdue loses a lot

Illinois will be good but no Cockburn

Michigan is probably the favorite, with Maryland and Ohio State rounding out the top 3. Then Illinois will definitely be top 5, likely 4th. But there’s a BIG group of teams that will be hard to judge and NU is in that mix. 

Edit- and not to mention that we should be favored over Creighton this year if all things go according to plan. There is no team in any sport I’d like to wallop than the Jays in men’s hoops.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

It’ll be really interesting to see where NU is picked in the pre-season B1G poll. @Mavric and @Minnesota_husker covered in great detail already what we bring back and when you look across the league: 

Iowa loses everyone

Rutgers loses a lot

Wisconsin loses a lot 

Purdue loses a lot

Michigan is probably the favorite, with Maryland and Ohio State rounding out the top 3. Then Illinois will definitely be top 5, likely 4th. But there’s a BIG group of teams that will be hard to judge and NU is in that mix. 

Edit- and not to mention that we should be favored over Creighton this year if all things go according to plan. There is no team in any sport I’d like to wallop than the Jays in men’s hoops.

My world grows a little brighter every time I see an Iowa player leaving.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
34 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Iowa loses everyone

Rutgers loses a lot

Wisconsin loses a lot 

Purdue loses a lot

Probably no Dosunmu for Illinois either.

Minnesota lost Mashburn and it seems like someone else but I don't remember who now.