Omar Manning

14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s seems unacceptable.  

Read the emotional takes in the "what did we learn OU" thread.  Some are mad we're being too hard on our players by calling for the better ones to play.

The Staff's infatuation with subpar, Playbook/Practice-heroes, talent is not winning games.  The O-Line is a wreck; give 2AM the best chance to make impromptu plays.  The Wyatt's and Levi's of our team are not it.  Ever.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Read the emotional takes in the "what did we learn OU" thread.  Some are mad we're being too hard on our players by calling for the better ones to play.

The Staff's infatuation with subpar, Playbook/Practice-heroes, talent is not winning games.  The O-Line is a wreck; give 2AM the best chance to make impromptu plays.  The Wyatt's and Levi's of our team are not it.  Ever.

Levi played his a$$ off.  This catch was as good as any in the game.

I get people are upset we lost a game we could have won but bagging on players who are giving Nebraska everything isn't the answer- ever.  

Have some class... 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If that's what you took from that, then you didn't read very well.

I have read many of your posts, and I believe you have a lot of knowledge and generally respect your opinion.  I'm not certain where we diverged in the other thread (my post was not above, there, was not directed towards an individual btw); I dot believe we need to play the best players available, and Playbook knowledge/Practice efficacy needs to be weighted as heavily moving forward.  

Omar knows 12 plays?  Add him on 8 others where the dude runs skinny or deep posts with his huge body.  Single covered and has a step?  Sling it to him.  That's now 20 plays he's in.  Maybe add more of that.  Betts too.

Wyatt, Levi, and the likes of them may be great for the team and show others how to study.  The fact is, those types also have lower ceilings and should not play above top talent.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I have read many of your posts, and I believe you have a lot of knowledge and generally respect your opinion.  I'm not certain where we diverged in the other thread (my post was not above, there, was not directed towards an individual btw); I dot believe we need to play the best players available, and Playbook knowledge/Practice efficacy needs to be weighted as heavily moving forward.  

Omar knows 12 plays?  Add him on 8 others where the dude runs skinny or deep posts with his huge body.  Single covered and has a step?  Sling it to him.  That's now 20 plays he's in.  Maybe add more of that.  Betts too.

Wyatt, Levi, and the likes of them may be great for the team and show others how to study.  The fact is, those types also have lower ceilings and should not play above top talent.

I have no problem with this type of discussion and it's appropriate.  The only problem I had was with one post of yours where it appeared you were making personal attacks against players.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have no problem with this type of discussion and it's appropriate.  The only problem I had was with one post of yours where it appeared you were making personal attacks against players.

We may have both misread each other.  My comments are directed against on field results as football players.  I don't know these kids and have no interest in character assassinations; just thoughts and opinions on how we see the Huskers continue to compete and find success.

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

So you want him in on *fewer* than the 33 snaps he played Saturday?

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

You can run a play more than once, or variants of it.  Better be an amazing excuse on why he is not playing.

Put these dude in 50/50 chances to win. Betts on the go route. That was a 50/50 and Betts won. I promise you with Betts, Manning and Toure on the field with and 1 of the TE's those plays are open more and more.  But no, we want to run these cluster routes in the middle of the field with everyone covered and force balls in.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1