Omar Manning

• 1 year later...

That guy was supposed to be so good. Dang it. 

Kind of like Betts. 

Frost had more misses than hits on the recruiting side.

He didn't go after Burrow. We could have went after Max Duggan. We won't get the QB from Gretna.

And that's just one position. The misses are everywhere on this roster.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, tmfr15 said:

That guy was supposed to be so good. Dang it. 

Kind of like Betts. 

Frost had more misses than hits on the recruiting side.

He didn't go after Burrow. We could have went after Max Duggan. We won't get the QB from Gretna.

And that's just one position. The misses are everywhere on this roster.

Yeah but maybe Omar seen guys step up, like Oliver Martinez and Brodie Belt and Marcus Washington.  And Alante Brown.

I still have faith when Omar is playing

43 minutes ago, skers83 said:

I think I may have posted this somewhere before but I'm sure I read once that Omar is battling some mental health issues. He might not be helping the team but I hope everything works out for the young man.

This is saddening…I’m wanting the best for Omar as well and that he works through it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, skers83 said:

I think I may have posted this somewhere before but I'm sure I read once that Omar is battling some mental health issues. He might not be helping the team but I hope everything works out for the young man.

This is long known. One of the reasons he left TCU. Omar is physically very gifted but putting it all together has been a struggle. I don’t think mentally a guy like Mickey is the best fit for his issues. Mickey expects a lot. Omar couldn’t hack it. Which is okay. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Decked said:

This is long known. One of the reasons he left TCU. Omar is physically very gifted but putting it all together has been a struggle. I don’t think mentally a guy like Mickey is the best fit. Which is okay. 

Wait....it's been known for some time that Omar has some issues he needs to be working through....but because of that, Mickey isn't a good fit?

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait....it's been known for some time that Omar has some issues he needs to be working through....but because of that, Mickey isn't a good fit?

I think what he was saying that is that because of Omar's issues he doesn't jive well with Mickey's coaching style (at least as a position coach).  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What he's saying is that Mickey's style of coaching may not be the best for Omar's mental state. In other words, Mickey is an old school hard a$$ and Omar needs a bit of coddling to keep his confidence up, which Mickey isn't likely to give. Anyone who has coached knows different kids need different kinds of motivation/support. So the Omar/ Mickey fit might not be the best. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1