OG Valen Erickson [Missouri - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

15 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Erickson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric changed the title to OG Valen Erickson [Missouri Commit]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic

On 9/6/2021 at 5:56 PM, Decked said:

Yes they get a good player a year. Then two guys who are below average. And then the on field product results in this year. 

I have honestly been extremely surprised at our lack of movement/push up front so far this year. If that continues well....hopefully we squeeze out 4 wins. 

• Plus1 1

I can tell you for a fact that the board would be unanimously disappointed with recruiting rankings if recruits believed they couldn’t play here until they were 22 years old.

Even if it’s not practical for most players, recruits want to jump to the pros after their Junior/RS Sophomore season. A player in his academic junior year isn’t young.

2 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

I can tell you for a fact that the board would be unanimously disappointed with recruiting rankings if recruits believed they couldn’t play here until they were 22 years old.

Even if it’s not practical for most players, recruits want to jump to the pros after their Junior/RS Sophomore season. A player in his academic junior year isn’t young.

I'm not sure unanimously disappointing  this message board needs to be a high concern 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Lol fair, I’m just saying recruits want to believe they can play early if they earn it. Playing freshmen and sophomores (within reason) is a good thing for the team. 

The less younger players we have playing the better.  They are rarely ready for big time college football 

I like Frost's desire to redshirt as many as possible.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
On 9/10/2021 at 10:09 AM, Hedley Lamarr said:

How has that paid off? 

Too early to know.  Two of the better OL recruits are Benhart and Corcoran.  Both are having their struggles, but it's hard not to be optimistic about their potential even by the end of this season.

I hope we can redshirt Teddy.

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, TheSker said:

Too early to know.  Two of the better OL recruits are Benhart and Corcoran.  Both are having their struggles, but it's hard not to be optimistic about their potential even by the end of this season.

I hope we can redshirt Teddy.

year 4...too early to know....Hopefully in year 10 we have a good feel for it. 

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The Pipeline was humming along pretty fluently by year 10, so there is some merit to the sarcasm.

4 of the 5 starters on the OL are sophomore or younger eligibility wise 

Let us look into this lovely youth angle. 

Jurgens (4th year here) returning starter

Benhart (3rd year here) returning starter

Piper (3rd year here) returning starter

Sichterman (5th year here) 

Corcoran (2nd year here) 

We have 3 returning starters. The only youth excuse is that of Corcoran. 

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to OG Valen Erickson [Missouri - Signed LOI]