***2021 Pre-Season Previews Megathread***

Yes, it’s back… and better late than never! Hopefully this year’s post will be much easier to manage than last season!

This thread will serve as a Megathread/reference guide for all the pre-season previews for the 2021 season. Click the team links for each dedicated preview thread. Once I have an initial preview for each team, just click the team name below to be taken to the thread for each team’s previews.

2021 Nebraska Previews
Coming soon…

2021 Opponent Previews
08/28 - @ Illinois
09/11 - Buffalo
09/18 - Oklahoma

09/25 - @ Michigan State
10/02 - Northwestern
10/09 - Michigan
10/16 - @ Minnesota
10/30 - Purdue
11/06 - Ohio State
11/13 - SE Louisiana
11/20 - @ Wisconsin
11/26 - Iowa

Pre-Season Rankings
Coming soon…

Preseason Conference Picks & Predictions
Coming soon…

If you find a new preview, post it in the relevant thread, and we'll embed it in the root post.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

I will be honest.  I felt very unsure about the Buffalo game, because of Leipold's recent success and saying something similar to "you have to learn how to win.  Then you can expect to win when you play, no matter who you play".  Plus they even had a moment in the top 25 last season (respect).

So after the news about Leipold going to KU, I feel a lot better now.

On 4/30/2021 at 3:05 PM, admo said:

I will be honest.  I felt very unsure about the Buffalo game, because of Leipold's recent success and saying something similar to "you have to learn how to win.  Then you can expect to win when you play, no matter who you play".  Plus they even had a moment in the top 25 last season (respect).

So after the news about Leipold going to KU, I feel a lot better now.

I totally understand.  I was feeling this way as well ... especially about getting to four W's.  With this news and the Fordham add, I'm feeling 25% better that we can get to our goal.  If we can keep tinkering with the schedule and add an additional cream puff and get to 6 non-conference games each year [preferable all at home] ... we are really gonna put ourselves back on the map.  :-)

• Haha 1

The key part of the Buffalo coaching swap and the Fordham move is the potential for momentum that wasn't there initally.  Could now be 3-0 heading into Norman and potentially 4-1 at the end of September if we can beat MSU.  That would be huge for getting a bowl berth with an Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa November now. We also get a bye between OSU and Wisky, which will be nice.  Momentum and a boost of confidence could the be thing that actually cements a winning mentality and allows a corner to actually be turned around here.

I would say 3-2 is the floor expectation now in September, can't be worse than that.  Kool aid meter is slowly increasing...

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, runningblind said:

The key part of the Buffalo coaching swap and the Fordham move is the potential for momentum that wasn't there initally.  Could now be 3-0 heading into Norman and potentially 4-1 at the end of September if we can beat MSU.  That would be huge for getting a bowl berth with an Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa November now. We also get a bye between OSU and Wisky, which will be nice.  Momentum and a boost of confidence could the be thing that actually cements a winning mentality and allows a corner to actually be turned arouns here.

I would say 3-2 is the floor expectation now in September, can't be worse than that.  Kool aid meter is slowly increasing...

If they are heading into Norman at 3-0 I wouldn't count it as an automatic loss like some people.  A little confidence can go a long way.  They should know they haven't really played anyone but if they are playing well and have stayed healthy anything can happen.  But say you stomp Forham then squeak by Buffalo and Illinois then I would call it an L in Norman.

• Upvote 1