** 2021 Opponent Previews : Michigan (Game 7) **

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So Nebraska is playing its best ball since Frost has been the coach, and Michigan is having one of their best seasons with Harbaugh.  Early predictions on the score for next weeks game?

Their D-line is ferocious. NU O-line better play like they did today if they're going to keep AM upright. 

3 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So Nebraska is playing its best ball since Frost has been the coach, and Michigan is having one of their best seasons with Harbaugh.  Early predictions on the score for next weeks game?

Michigan is a drastically different level of team.  This will be a tough game.  If we play clean, huskers by 6-10.  If not, we will lose.

• Haha 2

Best performance of the season. Best offensive line performance of the season. This is a big week. Michigan is going to come into this one as a Top 10 team and they'll be playing it under the lights in front of a night crowd. Some of Nebraska's most memorable and best games of recent history have transpired in front of that same crowd. 

Michigan's defense is a clear step or two above Northwestern not only in the players on the field but also in their scheme. But this team has hung with everyone, they hung with Oklahoma in Norman, they hung with Michigan State in East Lansing; doesn't seem like this is a game or team that's going to be taken to the cleaners by Michigan like Wisconsin was yesterday.

Michigan is going to find all sorts of ways to get Corum and Haskins, their lightning and thunder RB combo the ball. It might be the best rushing attack our front seven will face all year. But they're up to the challenge. They slowed down, perhaps even shut down Kenneth Walker III, Michigan State's and the NCAA's leading rusher - there is no reason why they can't do the same this week. And Cade McNamara is good, but I believe this will only be his second road game, and I'll back our night crowd to be a bit more hostile than the noon crowd supporting a 1-3 team in Madison. 

They absolutely can win this game and make a statement about where this program is. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Watched Michigan back and forth with another game. 

Their defense is legit- they put a lot of pressure on the QB. They mix it up quite a bit. When they rush 4 they get plenty of pressure, then they get creative with 5 or 6, with safeties etc and really hurt you. Then they fake their pressure and seem to get very good pressure with just 4. 

Wish we had a good screen game to slow them down. Wisconsin did that some. 

Tall impressive Receiver to go along with a really strong ground game. CTB didnt play great last night- I fear this matchup. 

Their FG kicker is money. He looks like he can be consistent inside 55 yards. 

They will present a real challenge to our O-line. Hope we can continue to improve- reset the LOS on the defenses side and give Martinez time to throw. 

3 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

It gives me confidence that the Huskers played pretty well on O agaisnt Oklahoma because they have some studs on D.  That should help against Mich since they probably have the best D so far.  I think if we take away the one rec they like to throw to there is a pretty good chance the Huskers come away with a W

Michigan’s defense will likely be the strongest defense we play his year. Including tOSU and Iowa. 

If we can move the ball on Michigan…win or lose…then I have zero concerns about this team going bowling. 

Minny, Wisky, and Pur-f*****g-due should be wins in spite of our gaffes. And Iowa and tOSU shouldn’t be written off either. 

• Plus1 2

Don’t take too much from Michigan last week. It was 13-10 when Mertz left them game and the backup was not prepared for Michigan to go all out on pressuring a unprepared QB. Also didn’t have Ferguson in the second half either. 

Michigan got a large gift wrapped second half to look a lot better than they might otherwise had. I believe they were underdogs before the game started.

• Plus1 1