** 2021 Opponent Previews : Illinois (Game 1) **

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

They do have those guys returning but they are presumably going to be running a completely different style of offense than they have been.  We've seen first-hand how that transition can be difficult.

Also, I'm not sure they exactly "whooped" our front seven last year.  They had nearly a third of their rushing yards on two plays.  On their other 50 carries they netted 192 yards which is still a big number but only 3.84 per carry which isn't terrible.  Not great for us but not exactly a whoopin'.  They got a lot of chunk plays and completed over 70% of their passes for 8.2 ypa.  That was a whoopin', but not as much on the front seven.

I hope we win that game, but if we lose I won't be surprised.

Don't care how you do the math, but 285 yards on the ground, with a 5.5 yards is a whoopin where I'm from.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401247321

• Plus1 1

54 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Just watched these highlights and I don't feel good about this game. This is a team that has put up 35+ the last two times we've played them. Will definitely need our offense to show up.

See;n this 5 times this off season.  Sad how poorly our defense plaid that game. They plaid terrible!  Maybe broken down from teh PSU game?  And the offense made their mistakes too, without doubt.  Just one of those "do-over" games is needed.  Teamwork.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, admo said:

See;n this 5 times this off season.  Sad how poorly our defense plaid that game. They plaid terrible!  Maybe broken down from teh PSU game?  And the offense made their mistakes too, without doubt.  Just one of those "do-over" games is needed.  Teamwork.

IMO beating a name opponent in PSU and facing an opponent they beat the last two seasons made the team cocky. They just didn't come to play Illinois and got pushed around the field because of it. Given that debacle, that it's the season opener, and that it's a must-win situation there is no excuse for not hitting on all cylinders this time around. 

• Plus1 3
14 hours ago, admo said:

I don't get why Husker fans think he's an a$$ and hate him?  He's just a college football coach and is good for the B1G footprint.  Even mentions running into Frost briefly. 

There was the time he shoved a player from Alabama then flopped drew a flag and did a little dance for it. He just seems like a little b!^@h sometimes

• Plus1 1

Game tickets- anyone know what the price drops to prior to the game starting?

Stadium seats 60,000

They average about 25,000 attending

Last time NU was there they drew 33,000

Stub hub has crappy tickets for $50. Im guessing tickets will be going for next to nothing prior to the game?

All the hotels in Champaign are booked, but got something good in Peoria- pretty close.