** 2021 Opponent Previews : Illinois (Game 1) **

59 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Game tickets- anyone know what the price drops to prior to the game starting?

Stadium seats 60,000

They average about 25,000 attending

Last time NU was there they drew 33,000

Stub hub has crappy tickets for $50. Im guessing tickets will be going for next to nothing prior to the game?

All the hotels in Champaign are booked, but got something good in Peoria- pretty close. 

There are still lots of tickets available on their athletic dept website ranging from $35 to $70. Nebraska sideline is on sections 103-107. My ticket was mailed to me within 1 week.

https://fightingillini.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AILLINOIS%3AF21%3A01%3A&linkID=illinois&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=F&cgc=&dataAccId=863&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_illinois

7 minutes ago, Frostberg said:

There are still lots of tickets available on their athletic dept website ranging from $35 to $70. Nebraska sideline is on sections 103-107. My ticket was mailed to me within 1 week.

https://fightingillini.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AILLINOIS%3AF21%3A01%3A&linkID=illinois&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=F&cgc=&dataAccId=863&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_illinois

Thanks - much appreciated. 

With 60,000 seats and only 25-30,000 attending, one would think you could buy something out front for less than $70 ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 3:51 PM, Frostberg said:

I got mine a couple months ago for a decent price in the Illini ticket office. I have been to every Husker game in Champaign and we usually have a large crowd there. I believe Section 109 is the official visitor section but NU fans will be spread all over. 

33 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Brock Huard is the best announcer in College Football. The guy does his homework, he has multiple data points to support his thoughts. He knows the players, coaches and teams inside and out. His analysis is spot on technically- without losing the audience. He doesnt get emotional or take sides and its about football. Love watching him call games- the guy is top notch. Most crews are awful- I will turn the radio on and live with he delay rather than listen to their nonsense. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1