** 2021 Opponent Previews : Buffalo (Game 3) **

24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah this seems about right.  That UB ML at +390 is a nice bet right now too.  If you have money to screw around with it makes sense to toss 100 on the +390

Few days ago I was going to tell you @JJ Husker and @Mavric about it.  I got it for +430 ML.  Another site showed Buff winning 37-24. 

I just felt like, would you put $600 on Huskers to win the game for 100 (confidence), or throw down 100 for Buff to win the game (getting +430 to +390)?

Sometimes it's not about who is better, but who has shown a dependency to make more mistakes, struggle and find a way to lose?  If both teams play clean (yeah, right) then the edge is Huskers because they have more talent and it's a home game.  But, Buff is a winning program, with an identity, and won't be intimidated.  I hate to say it, but I am leaning on Buff (but still very much rooting for Huskers 1000%). Nothing would make me happier than a good Husker butt whoopin.  Will tune in and see.

• Plus1 1

20 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think it's basically the same as the Fordham game, adjust for a tougher opponent.

I don't think we'll really learn anything positive.

If we win handily, many will think that's what we're supposed to do and we won't really know how good this year's Buffalo team is.

If we win a close one, good that we won, there will be several bad things to complain about and we won't really know how good this year's Buffalo team is.

Really the only thing we *might* learn is if we lose we'll need to play significantly better to win about any game left on the schedule.

The Fordham game started out rough.  Buffalo is better.  We traditionally have not weathered adversity extremely well when there is talent parity; Fordham was much less talented than NU.

Nebraska needs to start out like the 2nd half with Fordham and have earlier success.  I don't want them in their heads about whether they can win this game after it starts.  Scott wanted good things to happen for the team.  Fordham happened.  Build on that early and demoralize Buffalo.  

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, admo said:

Few days ago I was going to tell you @JJ Husker and @Mavric about it.  I got it for +430 ML.  Another site showed Buff winning 37-24. 

I just felt like, would you put $600 on Huskers to win the game for 100 (confidence), or throw down 100 for Buff to win the game (getting +430 to +390)?

Sometimes it's not about who is better, but who has shown a dependency to make more mistakes, struggle and find a way to lose?  If both teams play clean (yeah, right) then the edge is Huskers because they have more talent and it's a home game.  But, Buff is a winning program, with an identity, and won't be intimidated.  I hate to say it, but I am leaning on Buff (but still very much rooting for Huskers 1000%). Nothing would make me happier than a good Husker butt whoopin.  Will tune in and see.

Amen!

The simple fact is that it UB wins, most Husker fans will not be shocked.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, Toe said:

Man, I just looked up who Wagner is. Their stadium seats 3300 - and that's over 1000 more than their whole student body. Out of 358 D-1 schools, they're the 7th smallest. Fordham is more than seven times their size.

been to some HS stadiums that seat more than that.  But to only have 2300 students and be Div -1 is pretty small.