** 2021 Opponent Previews : Oklahoma (Game 4) **

The Athletic: Oklahoma has a top QB, as usual, in Spencer Rattler. And now its improved defense could propel a Playoff breakthrough.

Legendary former Oklahoma coach Barry Switzer has delivered countless one-liners, but perhaps none more insightful than the one he wrote in a 2003 Sports Illustrated piece, versions of which he’s repeated several times through the years. “I didn’t create the monster. (President) George Cross and (coach) Bud Wilkinson did. My job was to feed the monster.” The monster, of course, is the Oklahoma football machine, now fifth-year coach Lincoln Riley’s responsibility, with its seven national championships, 50 conference titles, hundreds of NFL Draft selections and dozens of national award winners. The Sooners have won six consecutive Big 12 championships and appeared in three of the past four College Football Playoffs.

https://theathletic.com/2581093/2021/05/13/oklahoma-has-a-top-qb-as-usual-in-spencer-rattler-and-now-its-improved-defense-could-propel-a-playoff-breakthrough/

Athlon: #3 Oklahoma Sooners Season Preview and Prediction

Since losing two early games a year ago, the Sooners have flexed CFP-like muscle, continuing their Big 12 dominance with a 14th league championship since 2000. Now, can they carry that success over not just to the CFP, but at least through to the final? That's the question every Sooners fan either finds fascinating, or fears, given Oklahoma's winless struggle in the semifinals. If Rattler continues his ascent, playmakers develop around him and the team plays strong defense, the Sooners could command another shot at a CFP breakthrough.

National Forecast: 3 • Big 12 Prediction: 1 • Projected Record: 12-1, 8-1 Big 12

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/oklahoma-football-sooners-prediction-preview-2021

CBS Sports Big 12 Over/Under Win Totals - Oklahoma

Over/under 11 wins

Wins: Tulane, Western Carolina, Nebraska, West Virginia, Kansas State, TCU, Texas, Kansas, Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State

Losses: Oklahoma State

Analysis: You're at equal odds here (-110) for 11 wins with the possibility of a push. Even though the Sooners will be rightly favored in every game, I have a hard time talking myself into an undefeated regular season. It's happened once in conference play for OU in the past 15 years. So let's just say Bedlam gets weird. But in the bird's eye view of college football betting, would you at least get your money back if you took the over? Recent history says yes, and this Oklahoma team has the look of a playoff contender, so 11 wins would be the bar to hit anyway. Pick: Over (-110)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2021-big-12-win-totals-odds-picks-predictions-for-each-team-with-big-lines-for-oklahoma-iowa-state/

More to come...

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

9 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Need to reserve remote cabin on September 18th. No electrical and phone lines ala Unabomber house.  Cellphone .... no signal; out of range.

Or else schedule colonoscopy surgery on September 18th. (hospital stay)

I'll be in the stands in Norman to get my colonoscopy in person like a true Nebraska fan.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 7
  • Mavric changed the title to ** 2021 Opponent Previews : Oklahoma (Game 4) **