** 2021 Opponent Previews : Oklahoma (Game 4) **

Looks like Oklahoma was looking for a later kickoff. FYI both 2000 and 2001 games were at 11 a.m.

https://sports.yahoo.com/oklahoma-unhappy-with-fox-after-network-puts-sept-11-nebraska-game-at-11-am-223751771.html

"We are bitterly disappointed that the great Oklahoma-Nebraska rivalry, on the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century, will kick off at 11 a.m.," Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said in a statement. "We tried every possible avenue to proactively make our case. 

Onion article...

Spencer Rattler Takes Pay Cut To Help Sooners Recruit Better Players

61bfa179f4fe5371bb303c08a3da007f.jpg

NORMAN, OK—Hoping to make a personal sacrifice to aid Oklahoma’s run at the National Championship, star quarterback Spencer Rattler announced plans Monday to take a pay cut to help the Sooners recruit better players. “I’m happy to reconstruct my weekly cash handoffs if that’s what it takes for us to land top recruits,” said Rattler, who revealed plans to accept a mid-sized sedan from the university instead of a luxury sports car. “Obviously, I want the security of a long-term deal, but it’s important for us to pay these young guys. I chose to come back this year to compete for a championship, and I want to make sure we have enough money to pursue big names in the transfer portal.” At press time, Rattler invited a troubled walk-on receiver to live with him at his palatial estate. 

• Haha 2
On 5/28/2021 at 11:04 PM, LumberJackSker said:

Aren't all of Fox's prime time games at 11am now? What did they expect 

Maybe OU wants to put on display the direction of the 2 programs?  They been a powerhouse for two decades.  While we, on the other hand, not so much. 

That will likely be brought up as a talking point.

Sorry to say this OU, but nobody wants to see 63-17 in the 4th quarter on a Saturday night (it's a possibility). Just sorta sounds like they might though :dunno

I am ok with 11AM.  I like our chances more that way (competitiveness).

13 minutes ago, admo said:

Maybe OU wants to put on display the direction of the 2 programs?  They been a powerhouse for two decades.  While we, on the other hand, not so much. 

That will likely be brought up as a talking point.

Sorry to say this OU, but nobody wants to see 63-17 in the 4th quarter on a Saturday night (it's a possibility). Just sorta sounds like they might though :dunno

I am ok with 11AM.  I like our chances more that way (competitiveness).

I do.  But I think our defense will probably give up at least 25 if our offense is putting up 63

• Oh Yeah! 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...