** 2021 Opponent Previews : Northwestern (Game 6) **

Would be a HUGE mistake overlooking Northwestern. Yes, they haven't looked good and have QB issues- that hasn't mattered in the past. 

Fitz is a very good coach, he gets every  last drop out of his team. Expect him to play close to the vest on offense. They usually play great defense and good special teams. He just wants to be close in the fourth. They will be patient and just wait for NU to make our typical mistakes- let us beat ourselves. 

When it comes to Special Teams- don't be surprised if he takes a few chances, onside kick, fake field goal, fake punt etc. He won't be respecting our offense or ability to score- so why not? IIRK- didn't Fitz onside kick and recover against a Frost coached team in the past?

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Would be a HUGE mistake overlooking Northwestern. Yes, they haven't looked good and have QB issues- that hasn't mattered in the past.

I agree completely. NW is in a down year and there is no doubt in my mind we have better overall talent but NW is a superior coached team. Another sloppy game by NU with stupid mistakes could make it interesting. If they take care of business they should win but the same could be said for Ill, OU & MSU.

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Fitz is a very good coach, he gets every  last drop out of his team. Expect him to play close to the vest on offense. They usually play great defense. He just wants to be close in the fourth. They will be patient and just wait for NU to make our typical mistakes- let us beat ourselves. 

When it comes to Special Teams- don't be surprised if he takes a few chances, onside kick, fake field goal, fake punt etc. He won't be respecting our offense or ability to score- so why not? IIRK- didn't Fitz onside kick and recover against a Frost coached team in the past?

Amen. I think we're the better team, but still not confident. We've dropped multiple games to bad teams in every season under Frost. Everyone talks about progress, progress in year 4 is putting away scrubs like Illinois, NW and Purdue.

• Plus1 2

Defense is playing exceptionally well. Chinander is doing pretty much everything right, and once some of these younger corners really get experienced I think we can safely say the Blackshirts are "back."

The running game needs a solid rhythm in this game. I am absolutely positive that we are calling more designed throwing plays than Frost wants to be calling out of necessity because of the run blocking problems.

Rahmir, Sevion, or Stepp need to juke, stiff arm, hurdle guys...whatever it takes to get the ground game going.

I expect more dumb mistakes on special teams that either make the game closer than it needs to be or loses it for us. Really can't believe the line opened with us as 8 point favorites; looking at our body of work it feels like we're actually the underdogs in this game.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

we might have to go the route of that one HS coach who became famous because he never punted no matter where they were on the field. 

I had to look him up cuz I thought he left the high school. He's the HC at Presbyterian College now. He's currently 2-2. 

W vs St Andrews 84-43

W vs Fort Lauderdale 68-3

L at Campbell 0-72

L at Dayton 43-63

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

I had to look him up cuz I thought he left the high school. He's the HC at Presbyterian College now. He's currently 2-2. 

W vs St Andrews 84-43

W vs Fort Lauderdale 68-3

L at Campbell 0-72

L at Dayton 43-63

Those scores :lol:

84-43…that’s not a football game, its a track meet.