** 2021 Opponent Previews : Northwestern (Game 6) **

22 minutes ago, GSG said:

I had to look him up cuz I thought he left the high school. He's the HC at Presbyterian College now. He's currently 2-2. 

W vs St Andrews 84-43

W vs Fort Lauderdale 68-3

L at Campbell 0-72

L at Dayton 43-63

yeah I was reminded the other day when there was a short video on some channel about him being a college coach now.  Took a pay cut to be there lol.  

1 hour ago, GSG said:

That's kinda wild. Maybe he thinks there will be a bigger payoff moving through the college ranks. Or maybe he was just looking for a new challenge 

He comes from a very poor background and taught at a private school- which USUALLY pays less than public. So I'm guessing maybe he's used to living frugally and is just looking for another adventure- challenge

Most of the small college jobs don't pay very well or even have great benefits. MUCH different than if you've got some years behind you and teaching in Public Schools in most places. LOTS less job security, pay, benefits and more work even. He's an odd duck guy who doesn't punt, onside kicks a whole lot and goes for 2 a bunch. 

1 hour ago, GSG said:

That's kinda wild. Maybe he thinks there will be a bigger payoff moving through the college ranks. Or maybe he was just looking for a new challenge 

I believe he said he wanted to see if is strategy would work in college.  It was all based off analytics in HS football.  He won like 5 or 6 state titles.  Basically said the percentage of going for it on 4th down was better than losing field position or something bad happening on the punt return like a TD late in the game when you punt away from your coverage

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, knapplc said:

Not really sure where to put this, but this seems like a good enough spot. 

We knew we were bad at Special Teams, but I didn't know we were worst in the nation. 

We're so bad the difference between #1 and #3 is -16.  The difference between #3 and #10 is -7.

I've said it before, it's the worst ST I have ever seen in college.  Any team.  Ever.  

• Plus1 2

That's awesome Saunders.  Your kids are going to love it seeing a night game in Memorial stadium.  I'll never forget being just as upset after the failed 2 pt conversion against Miami in the 84 Orange Bowl.  "This is for the national championship"  I can remember Don Criqui saying.  After the pass from Turner Gill bounced off of Jeff Smith's shoulder I remember I just got up and said nothing and just walked straight to my bedroom.  I was so upset that I actually didn't even cry.  I remember not saying a thing after as I couldn't even muster up words.  

It's been 11 years since I've been back to see a game in Memorial stadium.  I don't care that we've lost our last 2 games or the way the season has gone so far.  I'm still pumped for Saturday too.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4