** 2021 Opponent Previews : @ Minnesota (Game 8) **

17 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

We open as 3pt favorites.

Curious if the line will move more in our favor as the week progresses. Statistically and eye-test both suggest that Minnesota, save for a competent defense, doesn't have much to hang its hat on (other than an extra week to prepare for us). 

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Curious if the line will move more in our favor as the week progresses. Statistically and eye-test both suggest that Minnesota, save for a competent defense, doesn't have much to hang its hat on (other than an extra week to prepare for us). 

That is what worries me a bit. It's been a grind these past few weeks for us, and Saturday was another emotionally devastating loss. Minnesota has the extra week, and despite not really playing great they control their own destiny. Fleck is a really good motivator and has time to get weird with the game plan. This is a game we need to have (like every game at this point) and should win, but there are definitely some worrying factors. 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

That is what worries me a bit. It's been a grind these past few weeks for us, and Saturday was another emotionally devastating loss. Minnesota has the extra week, and despite not really playing great they control their own destiny. Fleck is a really good motivator and has time to get weird with the game plan. This is a game we need to have (like every game at this point) and should win, but there are definitely some worrying factors. 

This is how I feel as well.  NW game aside, NU typically plays to the level of their opponent.  If Nebraska plays with the effort they've shown in the past 4 weeks, NU should win by 14+.  If they allow Minny to shorten the game and chew a ton of clock, we're gonna have ourselves another tight one.

• Plus1 2

48 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

https://saturdaytradition.com/minnesota-football/minnesota-now-without-top-two-rbs-for-remainder-of-2021-season-p-j-fleck-says/?fbclid=IwAR29z5dnevNlhxkbM7JklRFxleNAaLxpAVETX7KUhu2hkitYjnz2X02Gnn4

Both of Minnys 2 top backs out

Of course last year they beat us missing 20 plus players, so maybe something we should not get encouraged about.:dunno 

yeah but weren't almost all of those guys backups?  I thought that was part Fleck's plan crying that they had 30 guys out but in reality they were missing one or two starters.  

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

yeah but weren't almost all of those guys backups?  I thought that was part Fleck's plan crying that they had 30 guys out but in reality they were missing one or two starters.  

Well, their one big stud is out.  So, yes...at the start of the year, most were backups.  Not probably so after the stud went down.

It is very obvious, but this is now the biggest game of Nebraska's season. They need to win vs Minnesota in order to have a shot at a bowl game. At the season's beginning I never thought we'd have a fighters chance against Wisconsin, but now seeing how we can fight with the big boys and Wisconsin's season seems to be spiraling, I think we have a chance in that game. So beating Minnesota and Purdue is a must in order to have a shot at 6 wins. 

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Why don't you just sleep in? Work?

My body at this stage of the game is pretty hard wired to wake up between 530am-6am  each day so getting to bed after midnight the past couple weeks (especially with a few adult sodas in me) has been rough.  Last Saturday was especially rough staying up to watch the Fury/Wilder fight which was a total barnburner.  I did manage to catch a nap during the day!

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

My body at this stage of the game is pretty hard wired to wake up between 530am-6am  each day so getting to bed after midnight the past couple weeks (especially with a few adult sodas in me) has been rough.  Last Saturday was especially rough staying up to watch the Fury/Wilder fight which was a total barnburner.  I did manage to catch a nap during the day!

Gotta pee.  

• Plus1 1