** 2021 Opponent Previews : Purdue (Game 9) **

CollegeFootballNews: Purdue Boilermakers 2021 Preview

This year, the key for Purdue is to not lose the games it’s supposed to win. Yeah, duh, that goes for everyone, but for there’s really no margin for error for the Boilermakers. Lose at Notre Dame and at Ohio State? Whatever. Cost of doing business. They can’t lose at home to Oregon State. They can’t lose the Illinois game, and owning West Lafayette to win two for four home games against Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan State and Indiana would be a huge help. It’s going to be hard to get past six wins without at least one big upset, but that’s where the pressure kicks in. Purdue might be a whole lot better with Brohm, but when Indiana is able to rise up and become the second-best team in the Big Ten for a year, that’s tough. This year’s team will be a blast. The offense should make everyone worry, the defense – if all the parts are healthy – will be a whole lot better, and Brohm and his staff should be good enough to get the team to a bowl game.

SET THE PURDUE BOILERMAKERS REGULAR SEASON WIN TOTAL AT … 6

Offense | Defense | Top Players | Keys To The Season | Season Prediction

More coming soon...

• Thanks 1
  • Mavric changed the title to ** 2021 Opponent Previews : Purdue (Game 9) **

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I refuse to be nice to a school that still claims to have the biggest drum in the world when in reality its been the 5th largest for like 30 years

Seven feet three inches in diameter and three feet nine inches wide. Made by the Leedy manufacturing company in 1921. A paper from August 6, 1921 shares the dimensions. It’s the only known place the dimensions were recorded, as Purdue made it a “trade secret” upon receiving the drum. That means both Texas and Mizzou have bigger drums, by far.

Next time we play Purdue, I expect someone to have a sign that says: 7’3” x 3’9”

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

Seven feet three inches in diameter and three feet nine inches wide. Made by the Leedy manufacturing company in 1921. A paper from August 6, 1921 shares the dimensions. It’s the only known place the dimensions were recorded, as Purdue made it a “trade secret” upon receiving the drum. That means both Texas and Mizzou have bigger drums, by far.

Next time we play Purdue, I expect someone to have a sign that says: 7’3” x 3’9”

I have 3 siblings that graduated from Purdue.  I make fun of them for whatever I can.  My sister brought up the drum years back and I did some research.  There was some group in china that made a bigger drum at some point plus the two you mentioned and probably others.  

15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

How is it different than before?

It's a alternate.

They normally been like Army.  Black n Gold.  I like it it.

See this.  Ignore the score, but check out the helmet.  It's nice.

Here do another.  Check out the helmet

But typically, they been like Army.

1979-purdue-v2_orig.png

1972-purdue-v8.png?1602617734

2006-purdue-vs-indiana-state.png?1602614

2020-4-purdue-vs-nu-v2.png?1605394985

2016-4-purdue-at-maryland-g.png?16024742

This seems like it will go well, Brohm named 3 guys defensive coordinator. I'd assume it's effectively the guy with the playcalling duties, but it's a weird move and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that their defense will improve. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31644832/head-coach-jeff-brohm-revamps-purdue-boilermakers-defensive-staff

So it's been:

1. Bring along your WKU DC, fire him when his great first season is a fluke

2. Hire a con man, realize your mistake and fire him immediately

3. Take one job and split it between 3 guys who have never worked together

Their offense hasn't quite lived up to Brohm's reputation, but it's defense that will get him fired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...