** 2021 Opponent Previews : Purdue (Game 9) **

10 hours ago, admo said:

That's cool, but I'd rather give a few snaps to Hickman and/or Brewington instead (if they plan to run Fidone out there for a few plays). 

I like those guys but getting Fidone some snaps is pretty critical imo.  He was the #2 TE in the country and he will expect to see the field asap.  Give him some love to keep him as far away from the portal as possible.  

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

I like those guys but getting Fidone some snaps is pretty critical imo.  He was the #2 TE in the country and he will expect to see the field asap.  Give him some love to keep him as far away from the portal as possible.  

That is important. But, doing everything to win the game is more important. 

if he hasn’t been in practice all season, how much does he really know?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That is important. But, doing everything to win the game is more important. 

if he hasn’t been in practice all season, how much does he really know?

Guessing he will have a scripted play or two.  Maybe even just as a decoy.  I do agree, shouldn't have him out there for a ton of meaningful snaps but think he should get a chance or two to get cleats on the field.

11 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Guessing he will have a scripted play or two.  Maybe even just as a decoy.  I do agree, shouldn't have him out there for a ton of meaningful snaps but think he should get a chance or two to get cleats on the field.

Wouldn't it be nice if we are so far ahead that our second string is playing the 4th quarter again and he can get all those snaps?

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wouldn't it be nice if we are so far ahead that our second string is playing the 4th quarter again and he can get all those snaps?

Sure would.  I just gave 2 tickets to a couple that can never afford to go to games.  I couldn't use the tickets so I'm really hoping they have a great experience.  

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

Either we beat Purdue like we did Northwestern just so we can be fed more false hope that somehow this season can be saved and somehow we find two more wins to become bowl eligible, only to have our hopes and dreams smashed in the coming weeks as we lose a close game vs Ohio State, which again keeps the hope up that we've turned the corner and can compete with the best of them and then we get obliterated by Wisconsin sending us back down to reality that this team is far from being where it needs to be.

Or we lose to Purdue in a one possession game and we are all frustrated at the lack of prep the team seemed to have and how if Martinez just didn't fumble the ball that lead to Purdue to score a touchdown we would've won.

• Plus1 1