** 2021 Opponent Previews : Ohio State (Game 9) **

1 hour ago, Dano564 said:

Ohio State is really clicking right now.

They definitely look like a CFP team at this point.

As I said on the prior page, our performance against OSU will be very important to see if we are still "close" against teams like OSU. I fear they will win by double digits or more, but hope our boys can prove me wrong.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

As I said on the prior page, our performance against OSU will be very important to see if we are still "close" against teams like OSU. I fear they will win by double digits or more, but hope our boys can prove me wrong.  

I'm quite certain you hope they prove you wrong.

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think we all know Ohio State is on a completely different level than Michigan, Michigan State, etc...  

It is obvious the point you are trying to make but it's ridiculous.  We need to learn how to beat middle of the road west teams before we worry about how we measure up to the elite teams in the country.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I think we all know Ohio State is on a completely different level than Michigan, Michigan State, etc...  

It is obvious the point you are trying to make but it's ridiculous.  We need to learn how to beat middle of the road west teams before we worry about how we measure up to the elite teams in the country.

Yep. The only way the OSU game really means anything is if we go 4-0. 

if we lose big, meh, it’s what they are supposed to do. 

if we almost win, meh, just another close win to a top 10 team. 

if we win but lose to the other three, it was a fluke. 

I suppose you could say if we go 3-1 with a close loss to OSU it means something, but that ship sailed for me when we lost to Minnesota. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I don't care which of the 3 we beat.  I just want to go bowling.  Not getting to watch another bowl season without the Huskers will suck....As will all of the extra practices we miss.  Again....

In a perfect world I would love to go bowling.  Watching this team limp to the finish line only to then get beat in a bowl would be straight up sad.  Not very confident sounding I know.  

Really want to see how we finish up these last 4 games first.  

5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

In a perfect world I would love to go bowling.  Watching this team limp to the finish line only to then get beat in a bowl would be straight up sad.  Not very confident sounding I know.  

Really want to see how we finish up these last 4 games first.  

Going bowling means more than just if the fans are excited about it.  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Going bowling means more than just if the fans are excited about it.  

On average teams get approximately 15 extra practices if they make a bowl game....So Frost and Co have missed about 45 practices that they could have had.  That has got to hurt to some degree.  Extra reps for the young guys.  Better evaluate what we really have or not etc.....Work on implementing schemes/packages ........

1 minute ago, lo country said:

On average teams get approximately 15 extra practices if they make a bowl game....So Frost and Co have missed about 45 practices that they could have had.  That has got to hurt to some degree.  Extra reps for the young guys.  Better evaluate what we really have or not etc.....Work on implementing schemes/packages ........

Yep….even back when we were good, I thought teams that didn’t make a bowl should be able to have extra practices at some point.  Possibly in the spring. 

• Plus1 1