** 2021 Opponent Previews : @ Wisconsin (Game 11) **

9 hours ago, admo said:

Not high on Wisconsin like previous years.  I feel like Iowa is slightly better, and the Badgers will have an 8-4 type of year.  Both are over evaluated. 

Yall this is a year we can win them both.  The west is down this year.  They are ripe for the taking

I agree they're both a little overrated, but I like Wisconsin a bit better than Iowa. Maybe just listening to too much local radio. They have similarly excellent defenses, and questionable offenses. But Wisconsin doesn't need too many things to happen to have a solid offense, Iowa basically needs a coaching change to be above average on offense. I also think Mertz is overrated, but he's young and a lot more talented than the QBs they have been rolling out there. I'd take him over Petras in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I agree they're both a little overrated, but I like Wisconsin a bit better than Iowa. Maybe just listening to too much local radio. They have similarly excellent defenses, and questionable offenses. But Wisconsin doesn't need too many things to happen to have a solid offense, Iowa basically needs a coaching change to be above average on offense. I also think Mertz is overrated, but he's young and a lot more talented than the QBs they have been rolling out there. I'd take him over Petras in a heartbeat.

I would agree.  Wisconsin is still ahead of Iowa and will likely remain there until Iowa changes offensive philosophy.  I really wish Nebraska played Wisconsin earlier.  There is a good chance their offense has things rolling by the time we play them.  

On 8/17/2021 at 11:42 AM, Hilltop said:

I would agree.  Wisconsin is still ahead of Iowa and will likely remain there until Iowa changes offensive philosophy.  I really wish Nebraska played Wisconsin earlier.  There is a good chance their offense has things rolling by the time we play them.  

They usually are peaking in the last 4th of the season. If they are actually a good team. Their OL has its chemistry down and they are settled in at RB if they have something. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know Barry Alvarez tried to turn Wisconsin into Nebraska 2.0 And seeing 

them use our identity for success for years while we remain to stay away from it has irked me.

But seeing Wisconsin get beat by Notre Dames third string QB, gives me hope that maybe they are continuing to try and replicate us, so hopefully this means Wisconsin loses its spot atop the Big Ten West

Wisconsin wants a refund with Mertz.

I don't typically like the phrase "lacks offensive identity" because it's sometimes a non sequitor...but Wisconsin lacks an offensive identity.   :)

They're struggling in the power rushing game, and their bread & butter dagger of play action passing isn't working either because Mertz is an interception machine. Definitely surprising to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Wisconsin is just not built to play from behind at all. When they can't stay even or be up 7 points by a dominating ground game, their play action daggers don't work.

And then to boot, if I'm reading this page correctly, they are dead last in division 1 in turnover margin.

We on the other hand are in like a 13-way tie in the middle of the pack at a turnover margin of 0.

10 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

What's Madison and the fans like?

Never been- sizing up a road trip. 

Amazing and fun atmosphere. Madison is a great town and Camp Randall is a great venue for football.

Although some Nebraskans temperament can definitely be rubbed the wrong way by the unapologetic nature of Wisconsinite drinking and boisterousness.

3 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Amazing and fun atmosphere. Madison is a great town and Camp Randall is a great venue for football.

Although some Nebraskans temperament can definitely be rubbed the wrong way by the unapologetic nature of Wisconsinite drinking and boisterousness.

Thanks- anyone hassle- get in your face type thing?  We have an MMA guy in our group and I don't want to have to bail him out of jail, miss the game thing. 

40 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Thanks- anyone hassle- get in your face type thing?  We have an MMA guy in our group and I don't want to have to bail him out of jail, miss the game thing. 

Any big or successful program will always have some dips#!t fans, especially if you interact with the student section. In my experience, people looking for fights find them, and people looking for a good time never run into any trouble. 

• Plus1 1