** 2021 Opponent Previews : @ Wisconsin (Game 11) **

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

A major issue we have had this year is that we play like we did against MSU, Michigan, OU and OSU only to go up against lesser teams without the motivation, preparation and intensity.  We then lose those games too.

The biggest issue going into Wisconsin will be what is the mindset of the team?  Are they going to be motivated to go play well, or come in with their minds swimming around on other issues?

I believe, for the last few weeks, the team has been concerned that the staff is all going to get fired because of the record.  Well, now they know what changes are being made.  Hopefully that clears their heads and they go play well.

I hope some of them see that they need to make a strong impression to be considered as a player in the remodeled offensive scheme. The two best things you can do right now as a player in this situation is 1. block like your mom is back there, and 2. protect the ball when you have it. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I'm going with a Nebraska upset here. There is absolutely zero reason for Nebraska to win this game and that is a factor in why I think we pull off the upset. There should be no pressure on the players, this is going to come down to pure heart and determination and maybe anger. College football is a cruel yet sometimes funny mistress and I see another close game on the horizon for Saturday and even though we are down coaches and maybe down Martinez, we finally win the close game.

Now I did mention college football is a cruel mistress and that is because after we all get excited about this shocking upset win at Wisconsin, we get pulverized vs Iowa the following week. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, observer3 said:

Despite the dumpster fire of a season, wouldn't beating Wisky in Madison count as that signature win for Frost and the modern program?  

:throwdabones1:

Well, since in the last 4 years we've only beaten teams with winning records twice and have never beaten a ranked team it would certainly rank as his best win by a mile which in itself is a very sad fact :(

• Plus1 3