** 2021 Opponent Previews : Iowa (Game 12) **

CollegeFootballNews

It all comes down to just how explosive and how dangerous the offense can be. The defense will be solid and among the best in the Big Ten, and the offensive line will get the job like Iowa offensive lines always do. Now the offense has to be better at moving the chains and do a whole lot more to make defenses worry about downfield plays. And it has to happen right away with Indiana and at Iowa State to kickoff the season. Win those two, and it’s Game On.

SET THE IOWA REGULAR SEASON WIN TOTAL AT … 9
Offense | Defense | Top Players | Keys To The Season | Season Prediction

Athlon: #16 Iowa Hawkeyes Season Preview and Prediction

Iowa usually looks like a seven-to-nine-win team on paper, and this team fits that description. Some key players return, but many key departures also have to be replaced. The schedule looks tough in some ways, but Iowa also avoids playing Ohio State, which is never a bad thing. Petras' development at quarterback will be key because it's hard to envision Iowa competing for the Big Ten title if he performs erratically. He struggled with accuracy and touch at times last season, but he had good command of the huddle, and he won games. Iowa should make a bowl game barring a rash of injuries. But there are too many uncertainties to expect much more.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/iowa-football-hawkeyes-prediction-preview-2021

The Athletic: Iowa boasts talented blend of experience and upside: Is it enough to get the Hawkeyes back to Indy?

Kirk Ferentz has reached the point of his career where his every move is overanalyzed as a predictor of when he will step down as coach of the Hawkeyes.

Since taking over at Iowa in 1999, the 65-year-old Ferentz has watched Big Ten competitors hire 39 different coaches, and most were fired within a few years on the job. Now the dean of FBS coaches, Ferentz has survived controversies and bouts of mediocrity over his previous 22 seasons. But none of the past generation’s highs and lows compared with what he and his players were dealt last summer and fall, and perhaps no outcome was more rewarding in his coaching career...

...Final assessment

Iowa and Penn State are tied for the third-most Big Ten wins over the last six seasons, but the Hawkeyes haven’t broken through to a divisional title since 2015. Iowa has a roster capable of reaching the Big Ten title game, but it all comes down to overall health, quarterback play and strides at defensive tackle. If Petras (or Padilla) can elevate the Hawkeyes this year, then Indianapolis and a major bowl are a strong possibility.

https://theathletic.com/2617874/2021/06/10/iowa-boasts-talented-blend-of-experience-and-upside-is-it-enough-to-get-the-hawkeyes-back-to-indy/

More to come...

• Plus1 2

• 1 month later...

Iowa's schedule.  Could be 0-2 out of the gate.  Unless they are really good, I see 4 conference losses in there for them.  Or at least 3 by the time we play them.

Sept. 4 Indiana

Sept. 11 at Iowa State

Sept. 18 Kent State

Sept. 25 Colorado State

Oct. 2 at Maryland

Oct. 9 Penn State

Oct. 16 Purdue

Oct. 23 OPEN DATE

Oct. 30 at Wisconsin

Nov. 6 at Northwestern

Nov. 13 Minnesota

Nov. 20 Illinois

Nov. 26 at Nebraska

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Do people drink wine at football games?  I mean ... I'm sure there are a couple here and there that would but is there really that many that it makes sense to stock it?

I know a lot (mainly women) that hate beer and only drink mixed drinks...or wine if mixed isn't available.  

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Do people drink wine at football games?  I mean ... I'm sure there are a couple here and there that would but is there really that many that it makes sense to stock it?

I would say most definitely.

Ever been to a little league games? That's not water in all the mom's Yeti cups.... ;)

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1