** 2021 Opponent Previews : Iowa (Game 12) **

Man I hope they did because that was funny and it was ridiculous.  The couple of times that they had players go down with actual injuries we were silent and clapped when they started to move off the field.  It was only the constant flops that got booed.  I have seen plenty of complaints on this board about certain teams players flopping as well so I know you are all smart enough to know it happens.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Caven said:

Man I hope they did because that was funny and it was ridiculous.  The couple of times that they had players go down with actual injuries we were silent and clapped when they started to move off the field.  It was only the constant flops that got booed.  I have seen plenty of complaints on this board about certain teams players flopping as well so I know you are all smart enough to know it happens.

The one I saw the Penn State guy clearly shouldn't have stood up, and when it was clear he wasn't making it to the sideline his teammates told him to go back down. There's nothing boo-able about that, and while flops definitely happen it's almost always to slow down the pace. Which is not a concern against Iowa.

• Plus1 3

Iowa gets gifted 4 interceptions against Penn State - one of them inside the red zone - and only manages to put up 23 points on the board.

Their play of the game was taking out PSU's QB; that was their only chance at winning that game, and they got it.

Just to get ahead of it, our team is a perennial 5-7 dumpster fire...and with that out of the way I'll go ahead and say that this Iowa team may be the most overrated college football team of all time.

• Plus1 8
4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Iowa gets gifted 4 interceptions against Penn State - one of them inside the red zone - and only manages to put up 23 points on the board.

Their play of the game was taking out PSU's QB; that was their only chance at winning that game, and they got it.

Just to get ahead of it, our team is a perennial 5-7 dumpster fire...but this Iowa team may be the most overrated college football team of all time.

Nah that is ND the last time they played for a Natty

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

The fantasy ending to our season that is actually a realistic possibility (not likely, just realistic) is:

-Georgia drops a game they shouldn't and Iowa moves up to #1

-We beat Minnesota, Purdue, & Wisconsin

-There's no stress in the Iowa game of having to win to be bowl eligible so we play b***s out

-We beat an 11-0 Iowa by two scores

And this isn't really part of the big finale for us, but the cherry on top is Iowa getting blown out by Ohio State in the conference title game.   :D

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 5
2 hours ago, Caven said:

What possible advantage does PSU get by "flopping"? Iowa's offense is slow and bad.

The fantasy ending to our season that is actually a realistic possibility (not likely, just realistic) is:

-There's no stress in the Iowa game of having to win to be bowl eligible so we play b***s out

I would freaking love that.  Also, with the way the season has gone, if we would upset Iowa, I would be totally fine with the fans rushing the field.  

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Undone said:

And this isn't really part of the big finale for us, but the cherry on top is Iowa getting blown out by Ohio State in the conference title game.   :D

I’m with you on this. But, mine includes that we beat OSU too. So, not only do we beat Iowa, we beat the other team that beat them. 

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, Caven said:

Your still here

21 hours ago, Caven said:

Have to give Iowa fans credit.  I haven't seen their crowd really have a major impact like they did in this game.  

Stone Cold - never left.  I mostly just read so I can chat with my friends about what the pulse is on the Nebraska boards.  A couple of them are on the Nebraska premium board and a few don't do the online board stuff.  Even though I am not a Nebraska fan, I figure if I live in Lincoln I should be able to converse about the Huskers with my friends to be nice.

Undone - thanks!

Hilltop - That was a hell of a game.  Loudest sustained crowd I have been at in my 29 years of going to all the games.  It was insane.