** 2021 Opponent Previews : Iowa (Game 12) **

34 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Hot rumor out of IC is that the flu/food poisoning is running through the Chicken Birds.  Supposedly Padilla and Petras are among the toilet warmers.  Excuses already when about to face a 3-8 favorite with multiple starters out as well???????

They said the same is true for us as well 

This game was more fun for me when I used to hate Iowa. Now it’s hard for me to hate them. I actually kind of..*gulp* like them. One of my cousins a while back was visited by the entire Iowa Hawkeyes football team including KF in the hospital before he passed away due to a rare form of cancer in his teens. Got to meet everyone several times and received a signed football. They are from Iowa. Huge Hawkeye fans. It’s hard to hate them after that. 

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, Decked said:

This game was more fun for me when I used to hate Iowa. Now it’s hard for me to hate them. I actually kind of..*gulp* like them. One of my cousins a while back was visited by the entire Iowa Hawkeyes football team including KF in the hospital before he passed away due to a rare form of cancer in his teens. Got to meet everyone several times and received a signed football. They are from Iowa. Huge Hawkeye fans. It’s hard to hate them after that. 

It’s ok to respect them off the field and greatly dislike them on the field. 

• Plus1 2

28 minutes ago, Decked said:

Brian Ferentz especially has been a tool at times both in press conferences and behind the scenes.  Had they had a losing season last year, I think the Ferentz family would have been canned because of the race issues.  Living in the state of Iowa and listening to Iowa local media and fans rip on Nebraska makes me dislike the Hawkeyes a lot.  

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Most student-athletes are going to be good kids, along with a good percentage of the coaches are going to be good people. It's ok to still hate Iowa, even when you have personal stories like that. Hatred for the team is hating laundry.