2021 Regional Finals - Huskers vs. Texas

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That sucks. 

But, all year it has seemed to me that this was a really really REALLY good team but just not quite a championship team.

It's just tough gauging it when there isn't any out of conference play.

I'm going to be interested in seeing what the seniors do. I would like to think they'd like their season to end on a way better note.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That sucks. 

But, all year it has seemed to me that this was a really really REALLY good team but just not quite a championship team.

It's just tough gauging it when there isn't any out of conference play.

I think they were good enough to win the championship this year, but they had as Mac said a propensity to sleep through a set. They also seemed to not be able to break momentum in this game. Credit to Texas as they are a good team, but this match should have gone to a 5th set. 

14 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

Bummer, what was your expectations for this team this season??

It seemed like we were pretty much in the same boat as last year.  We are very good but we lack that one elite OH that would put us over the top.  We haven't had that Larson/Foecke et.al. that you can go to when you have to have a point.  Sun and Kubik are very good but just not quite to that level.

So pretty much where we've finished the last two years.  Good enough to make the Elite 8 but not quite Final Four worthy.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

3 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

I think they were good enough to win the championship this year, but they had as Mac said a propensity to sleep through a set. They also seemed to not be able to break momentum in this game. Credit to Texas as they are a good team, but this match should have gone to a 5th set. 

I agree, I think they were good enough to push Texas to 5 or even win it.  There was just something about the team that let them not do it too. 

i was actually surprised our blocking was as bad as it was today. 

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Are we expecting any of the seniors to return and use their extra year next year?

It's not likely. There are rumors that Stivrins has already talked to folks about a pro career. Sun could go pro as well. The back court is already crowded before Rodriguez comes in and takes the Libero position, meaning Densberger will barely play and is unlikely to return. Sweet could, but she'd have to fight for playing time behind Zuhn & the incoming Freshmen, and Zuhn already beat her for the spot this year.

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Here's the trouble with trying to read the tea leaves: they're hard to read.

Some say this is Cook's way of announcing that Lexi is coming back.

I thought it was probably a rebuttal to the Texas Volleyball Tweet (since deleted) that said something to the effect of "All sky.  No sun."