Huskerboard Members Starting Lineup Projections

19 hours ago, Decked said:

Brown hardly played and did next to nothing last year. Nixon will be a better player. Trust me. Brown will get there but doesn’t have the football instincts like Nixon. A healthy Nixon would’ve played the most out of all the true freshman last year. 

I think people forget that Brown was a QB until he switched to WR in prep and then had last year. He's still learning the position. Nixon has played the position and is a coach's kid so there is a good chance that if he's healthy he can jump Brown. I still think Brown plays and flashes a few times this year.

• Plus1 1

QB - I'll believe anything other than a Martinez, Smothers, Masker, Haarberg depth chart is beat writer driven speculation when I see it.  

OL - Austin spoke of having 9 players ready to play, if NU had a game today, I think you'd see Sichterman starting at RG.  Banks & Bando as the primary back-ups at G & T, Hixon @ C w/Piper #3, & Nouili/MIller #9 & #10.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

When I see the various possible lists ... all I can think of is which ones won't be impactful [we will hear lots of bloviation about the improvement no doubt] at all as we fizzle to another 4-8 record ... and the second thought is which ones weren't any good and we are glad are now in the transfer portal ... after all ... we good [bye, cya] ... they sucked anyways [he's too slow, he can't get open].  We're :bigredn: we ain't got time for dat!  :-)

My genuine guess is that a third of those players on the list will transfer out in the next year.  Because of this kinda twisted and demented view [PTBD - Post Traumatic Bloviation Disorder]  ... I will now not post on football for another week kinda like after another loss.

• 3 months later...

Revisiting this since fall camp has started. Interested in see everyone elses projecting's.

Offense 1 2 3 4 5 6
QB Martinez Smothers Haarberg Masker    
RB Morrison Stepp Ervin Yant Scott R Johnson
WR- Slot Toure Brown Nixon Miles Hahn Belt
WR- Outside Manning Betts Neville Brewington Grimes  
WR - Outside Martin  Falck Liewer Hardy Jablonski  
TE Allen Vokolek Hickman Boerkircher Rollins Carnie
RT Benhart Lutovsky Fritzche      
RG Sichterman Bando Nouili Lynn    
C Jurgens Hixon Moses      
LG Piper Miller Conn Stafursky    
LT Corcoran Banks Prochazka      

Defense            
DE Robinson Rogers Newsom Hutmacher Walker  
NG Daniels Thomas Black Fiest Weaver  
DE Stille Riley Wildeman Graham Buckley  
OLB Domann Payne Butler Otte    
MLB Kolarevic Mauga-Clements Ho'ohuli Gbayor Malcom  
MLB Henrich Reimer Snodgrass Hannah Kpai  
OLB Tannor Nelson Gunnerson Jackson    
Nickel Gifford Farmer Wright      
S  Dismuke Pola-Gates McCallum M Williams    
S  D Williams T Johnson Brumfeld Buford    
CB Taylor-Britt Joseph Lynum Bretz    
CB Newsome Clark Sanford Moore    

Special Teams            
P Cerni Pryzytup        
K Culp Crawford Franke Meyer    
LS Mueller Pieper Witucki      
KOS Meyer Franke        
PR Taylor  Martin Nixon      
KR Brown R Johnson Martin Grimes Manning

Belt

• Plus1 1

Way down on your depth chart, very inconsequential but Malcolm is redshirting.  He may play in his 4 Max games but he won't be on the everyday depth chart.  I am sure there are lots more undersized guys we have that have already been told they're redshirting that we're not aware of.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, rocketlb said:

Have the coaches said whether T Johnson will be primarily at Corner or Safety? I know there was speculation that he's be a better fit at safety. But, he was insistent about playing corner at OSU, iirc.

I don't think they've said anything for sure but he looked to be playing CB in some of the videos the team has released.  I've seen a non-media report that he's right in there to start at the other CB opposite CTB.