Your Favorite Three Best Pictures

Boy, I've only seen one of the last 10, and it's the oldest of those.  Actually only one of the last 16.  Apparently I'm not nearly as much of a movie buff as I thought I used to be.

If I'm stuck at three I have to go Gladiator, Schindler's List and Chariots of Fire.  Tough leaving out Rain Man and Braveheart plus A Beautiful Mind is very good as well.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, NUance said:

None of them would be in my personal top ten though.  

Gladiator is good once and Rainman is quotable as hell. Forest Gump might be the most rewatchable, but doesn't exactly hold up.

No Country for Old Men has grown is prowess since I saw it initially and left the theatre going, "WTF?". I have matured since its' release.

The one that would be close to my top ten list would be The Departed. Matt DAAAAAMMMMOOOOONNNN as a weasel is golden. 

I've seen 21 of those movies, maybe 22 or 23. Can't remember if I've watched Shakespeare in Love (I think so, a long time ago on a date), The English Patient, or Out of Africa.

I haven't seen any of the most recent seven. None of them seem appealing to me. 

My three: 

Forrest Gump

Gladiator

Unforgiven

Honorable mention to Platoon. 

7 minutes ago, deedsker said:

You joking? That is one of the most universally panned winner. If so, I missed the /s.

I liked it and I think it is safe to say that most Best Movie winners suck.  The voters try so hard to not pick obvious choices.  

I would also add Driving Miss Daisy, which is a fantastic movie and Jessica Tandy is an amazing actress.  

• Fire 1