Floyd Case Verdict

6 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

ZRod  literally just quoted one of Archy's posts about looting/rioting and suggested that it might have been necessary "protesting" for the court verdict.

Archy knows very well what he's doing.

Also, it's insane to expect a calm and civil response when nothing seems to have changed 19 years after Rodney King. That doesn't make it right but even JFK knew what's what. You didn't want to see it during the national anthem, you turned off the NBA, just wanted to escape. So nothing changed.

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s very easy to say because first off there is never a reason to riot an innocent business.  Secondly, protests and riots are two very different things and unfortunately  the protesters and news agencies whipped everything up into a frenzy before the court system could do its thing causing the riots.  

19 years later...

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

It's not, but you knew that. Looting/rioting are different from protests to police actions against segments of the populations. Just like I know that there were people on Jan. 6th just there to attend a rally and others there to try and prevent the peaceful transfer of power as require by our constitution. 

Yet, they seem to always seem to coincide.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s very easy to say because first off there is never a reason to riot an innocent business.  Secondly, protests and riots are two very different things and unfortunately  the protesters and news agencies whipped everything up into a frenzy before the court system could do its thing causing the riots.  

It's truly bizarre and misguided to want to turn today and today's verdict into a societal reprimand on rioters and looters, in addition to trying to dunk on people who wanted to protest and make their voices heard.

This isn't the time or the thread for that kind of stuff. Take it somewhere else.

• Thanks 6
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

people who wanted to protest and make their voices heard.

Very clearly I was not talking about protesters as my post stated.  I believe it’s very important for this to be a case showing that calm by protesters and media should be in order while the justice system takes it time that way a frenzy isn’t whipped up causing what we saw this summer.  And the justice system  takes awhile and seemed to work in this case.  

• Plus1 1

There are still people alive today that witnessed public lynchings of black people, maybe some on this board, and still all people do is b!^@h about riots instead of codemn the action of why people are rioting in the first place. I can just imagine some of these posters living in the 60s, reading a newspaper about black people being hung for just looking at white people and then b!^@hing about Selma riots. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Very clearly I was not talking about protesters as my post stated.  I believe it’s very important for this to be a case showing that calm by protesters and media should be in order while the justice system takes it time that way a frenzy isn’t whipped up causing what we saw this summer.  And the justice system  takes awhile and seemed to work in this case.  

You "very clearly" did not.

unfortunately

the protesters and news agencies whipped everything up into a frenzy before the court system could do its thing

That's what I'm referring to when I'm talking about dunking on the protesters.

Once again, take it somewhere else. This isn't the thread or the place for the direction you want to take this.

• Thanks 3
12 minutes ago, ZRod said:
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

19 years later

No, I think it took 8-9 months for a verdict putting the cop away and gave the family their justice. 

• Plus1 2

I find it sad that the correct verdict comes down on a police officer who murdered a person and the conversation turns to how wrong the protests were last summer.

Yes, looting and vandalism is wrong and I don't think you are going to find many (if any) on this site who doesn't agree with that.  If they do, then I have a problem with that.  

So, the looting and vandalism was wrong.  But, the denigration of the BLM movement and the true protesters is wrong too.  The true protesters who didn't loot and vandalize should be supported.  But, for some reason some people just can't handle supporting something that is called "black lives matter".

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

You "very clearly" did not.

That's what I'm referring to when I'm talking about dunking on the protesters.

Once again, take it somewhere else. This isn't the thread or the place for the direction you want to take this.

I don’t want to take into a direction. Moving on.....

The murder charge seemed like a reach to me, but manslaughter seemed like a slam dunk after the evidence was presented. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t want to take into a direction. Moving on.....

The murder charge seemed like a reach to me, but manslaughter seemed like a slam dunk after the evidence was presented. 

Agreed, but read the definition of a degree in Minnesota. It fits. It's what you would usually think of as manslaughter.

• Plus1 2