Floyd Case Verdict

10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't disagree with the verdict in this case but people need to realize that when you have a criminal record....when you resist arrest or try to escape....when you don't follow lawful orders from LEO's...when you're all jacked up on drugs, etc., sh#t can go south for ya in a hurry. So many of these cases could've been prevented by the victims. That does not absolve the cops of their responsibility but it sure would go long ways towards not having so many of these situations ending in a death.

The question is whether a white frat boy jacked on coke and trying to crawl out of a police cruiser would ever have a knee on his neck for nine minutes until he died. In my experience, no. 

I mean, Kyle Rittenhouse couldn't even get the attention of police waving a M&P 15 rifle on the street where he just killed two people.  A unarmed 13 year old Black kid gets shot for reaching into his pocket. 

Asking Black people to be extra super respectful because they're Black is the problem, not the solution.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The question is whether a white frat boy jacked on coke and trying to crawl out of a police cruiser would ever have a knee on his neck for nine minutes until he died. In my experience, no. 

I mean, Kyle Rittenhouse couldn't even get the attention of police waving a M&P 15 rifle on the street where he just killed two people.  A unarmed 13 year old Black kid gets shot for reaching into his pocket. 

Asking Black people to be extra super respectful because they're Black is the problem, not the solution.

Everyone should be super respectful to everyone.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not sure that it's a good thing for this country that a threat of violence/destruction could potentially sway a jury. Either way, the justice system did the right thing today in Minneapolis.

I'm not sure either, but if you study the Civil Rights movement, you'll find it didn't succeed by waiting patiently, trusting the system, and making people less uncomfortable with their grievances. 

If you want to go pure patriot, read how America earned its independence from Britain. Rioting, vandalism, and strategic massacres are celebrated as the cornerstone of our freedom. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you want to go pure patriot, read how America earned its independence from Britain. Rioting, vandalism, and strategic massacres are celebrated as the cornerstone of our freedom. 

It's pretty amazing how people have utterly forgotten how this country was born.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The question is whether a white frat boy jacked on coke and trying to crawl out of a police cruiser would ever have a knee on his neck for nine minutes until he died. In my experience, no

I don’t know if he was a frat boy but Tony Timpa died this exact way, cops weren’t punished.  He’s white. 

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

By that standard the Jan 6th riot/insurrection is justified?  Which it’s not btw.  

Back to the verdict.....Does Chauvin appeal the whole verdict or just getting the murder conviction thrown out in hopes of a reduced manslaughter only conviction and sentence?   

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm not sure either, but if you study the Civil Rights movement, you'll find it didn't succeed by waiting patiently, trusting the system, and making people less uncomfortable with their grievances. 

There would be many British loyalists on this board, no doubt. Crying about the Boston tea party. 

• Plus1 1

I can still remember reading that amazing story of Ben Franklin heading back to England to discuss matters and on the way to Parliament, stopping and robbing a pipe store.  

2 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

There would be many British loyalists on this board, no doubt. Crying about the Boston tea party. 

That was the Indians!!!!  Hahaha

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t know if he was a frat boy but Tony Timpa died this exact way, cops weren’t punished.  He’s white. 

By that standard the Jan 6th riot/insurrection is justified?  Which it’s not btw.  

Back to the verdict.....Does Chauvin appeal the whole verdict or just getting the murder conviction thrown out in hopes of a reduced manslaughter only conviction and sentence?   

Jan 6th was based on a lie. It was instigated bu the president and the GOP. If they wouldnt have lied, Jan 6th never happens. 

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Bet if you really tried to look good and hard you'd find people outraged here as well.

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I can still remember reading that amazing story of Ben Franklin heading back to England to discuss matters and on the way to Parliament, stopping and robbing a pipe store.  

That was the Indians!!!!  Hahaha

Not a pipe store, just womens' chastity.

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm not sure there's an apples/apples comparison to be made with the revolutionary war, and the issues of today. From the books I've read, early American attacks/riots would largely directed at the British and/or British interests. Not the innocent, fellow American.... And that's where I have an issue with the rioting today. Take it to the institution, not the guy down the street trying to make a life for his family.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Bet if you really tried to look good and hard you'd find people outraged here as well.

Guy said this wouldn’t have happened to someone who is white.  Showing him a case where it did happen, albeit not a frat boy, is a proper thing to post.   

Did I post anything about people not being outraged?  Or did I only respond to Guy showing him it does happen contrary to his opinion?  

Why do you do this?

• Fire 1
29 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Except Jan 6th was based entirely on a lie. Why do you always do this crap.

I never said it wasn’t nor is it relevant.  Guy brought up the Revolutionary War for some reason as a example of similar protestors/rioters.  By that same dumb logic, one could say the same about the idiot rioters on Jan 6th thinking they were being Patriots and rioting for a cause to save the country, they weren’t.  Since your justification for disagreeing is it was a lie, which I don’t disagree, you should call out Guy for comparing the protesters to Revolutionary’s because some of there protests among the years were based on lies also.   Yet you only do this crap to me?  
Done responding to anything beyond the verdict unless in a different thread 

• Plus1 1