TE Gabe Burkle [Iowa State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

15 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Burkle commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Kansas State

This poll is closed to new votes

Was at the Spring game and said it was "awesome." Really enjoyed the atmosphere. 

Official visits scheduled on June 11 at Iowa State, June 18 at Indiana, Nebraska for June 22, 23 and 24,  and then the weekend of the 25th at K-State.

Looking for comfortability with staff, education, and playing style. 

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to TE Gabe Burkle
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

We canceled his OV for this week as we are full at TE. 

As much as it sucked for some of last year's kids needing to commit without seeing the campus/meeting the coaches in person, it's worse for the 2022 kids. Nobody is taking a big class unless there's some quick movement on the limits moving forward, a lot of kids who would normally get offers aren't going to get committable ones.

30 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

As much as it sucked for some of last year's kids needing to commit without seeing the campus/meeting the coaches in person, it's worse for the 2022 kids. Nobody is taking a big class unless there's some quick movement on the limits moving forward, a lot of kids who would normally get offers aren't going to get committable ones.

To some extent this is true.  

However, it is the general condenses that we brought in our first choices first (for the most part) and they kind of had a spot held for them until the next choice visits then it's first come, first served.  I think this has happened at QB, RB, WR and TE so far.  So I kind of doubt we would have let him commit before the visit because someone else had priority.

48 minutes ago, Mavric said:

To some extent this is true.  

However, it is the general condenses that we brought in our first choices first (for the most part) and they kind of had a spot held for them until the next choice visits then it's first come, first served.  I think this has happened at QB, RB, WR and TE so far.  So I kind of doubt we would have let him commit before the visit because someone else had priority.

Yeah, I guess I was more thinking about the downstream effects. Maybe normally we'd take our 1st and 2nd options, and then 3/4/5 go to other schools. But now our #2 doesn't come here, and takes up a spot that 3 or 4 could've had at another school. They don't get their first choice and take a lesser option, and maybe 5 gets left without a spot anywhere. 

So less about the guys who just miss coming here this year, and more about the guys who have their low-end P5/G5 offers taken by the first 'cuts' from our class. Do they end up FCS, or walk-on where they want and try to outperform guys to earn a scholly quickly? 

• Mavric changed the title to TE Gabe Burkle [Iowa State Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Gabe Burkle [Iowa State - Signed LOI]