Best and worst 1st rounds picks by each team. NU has two on the list.

I question both selections. 

Trev's career was plagued by a series of injuries.  How could that be predicted?  He was never able to hit full stride in the NFL.  It wasn't a bad pick just because the guy got injured--although 5th in the first round may have been a bit too high for him.  (I had to look that up.  lol) 

It wasn't like LP's off-the-field problems were kept secret.  He was a known quantity.  LP's talent was never the issue.  But the Rams took a gamble on a head case, thinking he could pull it together.  The gamble didn't pay off.   

Really just depends on your definition of bust. If it's just guys drafted high that didn't do much, they are reasonable inclusions. Some people exclude injuries and in that case Alberts is off the hook, but it's not like you can argue either of those guys lived up to top-ten status. Frankly there's arguments for a couple more Nebraska guys - Jason Peter and Michael Booker come to mind. 

But honestly I don't think it's bad to have players on this list, it means there's a history of having guys drafted high. Busts will happen for a variety of reasons, but when they happened at least it meant we were producing guys worthy of top picks. Once they get to the NFL it's a new ball game, and IMO lack of success there doesn't reflect much on the university.  

I could make the case for a free agent Husker who should be consider the best:

Mick Tingelhoff - ok so he wasn't drafted but was signed to a free agent deal with the Vikings and became a starter at center from his rookie year in 1962 to 1978 when he retired. That is longevity.   Pro bowler in the Hall of Fame.  His impact on the Vikings was more significant than Randy Moss' in my opinion.