The trumpet alt-reality election recount extravaganza t2o electrick boogaloop-be-bop-a-ree-bop

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

So the wacky pants conspiracy theorists are doing a thing...

I'm very concerned that these wackos are going to finagle the count so that it shows that Trump wins.....interestingly with only Trump supporters doing the count.  Then, we will have real problems that they created themselves. 

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I'm very concerned that these wackos are going to finagle the count so that it shows that Trump wins.....interestingly with only Trump supporters doing the count.  Then, we will have real problems that they created themselves. 

The whole thing is a sham, and republicans - especially from Arizona - should be ashamed to be part of it.

That the effort was started by one party alone should be a huge red flag. 

That it is being done by some out-of-state group with no background in election fraud should be another. 

The last two bullet points here are pretty important.  Even if (when :rolleyes: ) they find "fraud" they won't have the ability too change the election outcome. 

Arizona Republicans have begun a recount of some 2020 election results. Here’s why

Republican state lawmakers have begun recounting ballots in Arizona’s Maricopa County from the 2020 presidential election, nearly six months after former president Donald Trump lost the typically red state — and reelection.

The almost 2.1 million ballot audit is the result of a subpoena by Republican state senators who’ve sought the recount “to examine unsubstantiated claims that fraud or errors tainted President Biden’s win,” according to The Washington Post. The senators hired a private technology company — Florida-based Cyber Ninjas — to conduct the audit, reported the Arizona Republic.

• Doug Logan, the head of Cyber Ninjas, said on Twitter he believes there was election fraud and “people better get wise fast,” National Public Radio reported.
  • Logan has also authored a document called “Election Fraud Facts & Details,” which cites debunked conspiracies and unproven allegations as proof of election fraud, the Arizona Mirror reported.
  • “Some of it is based on my own research, but quite a bit is information I got from other people but personally vetted,” Logan said of how we came about the material for the document, according to the Arizona Mirror.

Trump’s own Department of Homeland Security “declared the 2020 election the most secure in history,” according to Vox.

• “Three previous reviews showed no sign of significant fraud or any reason to doubt President Biden’s victory, The New York Times reported.
  • Arizona’s state senators do no have the power to change election results, The Associated Press reported.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The whole thing is a sham, and republicans - especially from Arizona - should be ashamed to be part of it.

That the effort was started by one party alone should be a huge red flag. 

That it is being done by some out-of-state group with no background in election fraud should be another. 

The last two bullet points here are pretty important.  Even if (when :rolleyes: ) they find "fraud" they won't have the ability too change the election outcome. 

Arizona Republicans have begun a recount of some 2020 election results. Here’s why

Republican state lawmakers have begun recounting ballots in Arizona’s Maricopa County from the 2020 presidential election, nearly six months after former president Donald Trump lost the typically red state — and reelection.

The almost 2.1 million ballot audit is the result of a subpoena by Republican state senators who’ve sought the recount “to examine unsubstantiated claims that fraud or errors tainted President Biden’s win,” according to The Washington Post. The senators hired a private technology company — Florida-based Cyber Ninjas — to conduct the audit, reported the Arizona Republic.

• Doug Logan, the head of Cyber Ninjas, said on Twitter he believes there was election fraud and “people better get wise fast,” National Public Radio reported.
  • Logan has also authored a document called “Election Fraud Facts & Details,” which cites debunked conspiracies and unproven allegations as proof of election fraud, the Arizona Mirror reported.
  • “Some of it is based on my own research, but quite a bit is information I got from other people but personally vetted,” Logan said of how we came about the material for the document, according to the Arizona Mirror.

Trump’s own Department of Homeland Security “declared the 2020 election the most secure in history,” according to Vox.

• “Three previous reviews showed no sign of significant fraud or any reason to doubt President Biden’s victory, The New York Times reported.
  • Arizona’s state senators do no have the power to change election results, The Associated Press reported.

The first three bullet points are what I'm concerned about.  They hired a guy who is going in with a preconceived idea of what he's going to find. He has repeatedly echoed conspiracy theories that have been debunked.

No way is he going to come out of this saying..."Oh...my bad...there wasn't any fraud.  Biden won".

You're right.  Republicans should be embarrassed.  The problem is, they aren't and millions of them believe this crap too.

So...then what happens?

• Plus1 1

Maricopa County. Where all sensibility begins. :facepalm:

This is not going to amount to anything more than all the previous hysterics of recounts, law suits and stolen elections. The fact it is still even being discussed, on either side, is a little disturbing. Ignore the crazy.

I do like the topic title though.

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I believe it’s an audit and not a recount 

Doesn't make it any more official though.

I could do an "audit" on my checking balance and show that my balance is actually worth a few million bucks.  Doesn't mean the bank gives a crap about it though...

If there was going to be a recount it should have happened back in Nov/Dec.  

As for whether it should have happened back then, why not?  If a certain group of people (the winners) think the vote was accurate then why would they oppose a recount?  Presumably the recount would be documented and both sides would have a hand in itor at least both sides would know how it's being done and what's going on.  I guess I just don't understand the downside of a recountassuming there's nothing to hide, that is.  

A recount done back in Nov/Dec would have settled the issue once and for all.  Too late now though.  Way too late.  

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, NUance said:

If there was going to be a recount it should have happened back in Nov/Dec.  

As for whether it should have happened back then, why not?  If a certain group of people (the winners) think the vote was accurate then why would they oppose a recount?  Presumably the recount would be documented and both sides would have a hand in itor at least both sides would know how it's being done and what's going on.  I guess I just don't understand the downside of a recountassuming there's nothing to hide, that is.  

A recount done back in Nov/Dec would have settled the issue once and for all.  Too late now though.  Way too late.  

There was no need to do a recount because, per Arizona law, the margin of victory did not warrant one.  We don't just recount because the losing side doesn't like the outcome. We have election laws and we have to follow them - all parties agree to this before the election is held.

There is no question from all reasonable minds that Joe Biden won Arizona. It was certified a month later and another month after that became codified. 

Unlike this sham of a recount, both parties were involved in certifying the election results. It was quite public, there were impartial election observers, and there was no question at the time who won. 

Months later, based on lies, one party wants to change election laws so they trump up some allegations of fraud (there was none, per the last guy's own administration), and the result of this is the Arizona legislature is going to try to pass Georgia-like voting restriction laws.

It's all very un-American. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Doesn't make it any more official though.

I could do an "audit" on my checking balance and show that my balance is actually worth a few million bucks.  Doesn't mean the bank gives a crap about it though...

Unless you have “a few million bucks” your audit would be false information.  I’m surprised people are actually against auditing elections.  It’s not actually changing the election, and if things turn out great, then the GOP can stop the b!^@hing about the Arizona election :dunno  what’s the harm? 

• Plus1 2
57 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Unless you have “a few million bucks” your audit would be false information.  I’m surprised people are actually against auditing elections.  It’s not actually changing the election, and if things turn out great, then the GOP can stop the b!^@hing about the Arizona election :dunno  what’s the harm? 

I haven't been following this.  Who is doing the audit again?

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m fully expecting this to also be false information.  This election is a done deal.  It’s already been verified.  It’s not in doubt.

the only reason for this spectacle is to create doubt. 

• Plus1 3