The trumpet alt-reality election recount extravaganza t2o electrick boogaloop-be-bop-a-ree-bop

Family of woman shot by cop during Capitol riot says it was murder

Babbitt had traveled to D.C. from California because of her fervent belief in the lie that the 2020 election was stolen from former President Trump.

Video shows her trying to climb through a broken window into the Speaker's Lobby outside the House Chamber when a Capitol Police officer guarding the entrance fired.

An investigation by the Justice Department found insufficient evidence to bring any charges against the officer, who's never been named publicly.

But Babbitt's family feels she was murdered.

"In the eyes of her family? Of course she was," attorney Terry Roberts told WUSA. "I mean, there was just no legal justification to take her life."

Roberts, a Prince George's County-based attorney who specializes in police misconduct and civil rights litigation said to him, the shooting is an "obvious case of excessive force."

"She could have easily been stopped by the officer who shot her or numerous other officers who were around and been arrested, if that's what they wanted to do. There was no need to shoot her," Roberts said.

"Any rookie police officer with a set of handcuffs could have taken her into custody. She's an Air Force veteran. She was actually a military police officer herself. I am sure that she would have complied."

"You know, we don't shoot protesters in this country unless they're an immediate threat to somebody," Roberts said. "And so I don't see the difference between Ashli Babbitt's case and any other protests which occurred in 2020."

36 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Delusional in what way? She was unarmed in a crowd of rioters/protestors, and was likely not even the target. I assumed this would happen. 

She is in a mob, storming and terrorizing the capital building where members of congress are in session.  The mob had already shown violence against capital police outside the building.  They were breaking windows and doors to get in.  And, people don't expect to get shot?  It completely amazes me that more people didn't get shot....and it's justified in my mind.

I wouldn't even THINK about doing what they did because I would expect to get shot and that was my thought even before Jan 6th.

These weren't just peaceful protestors.  

• Plus1 5
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

She is in a mob, storming and terrorizing the capital building where members of congress are in session.  The mob had already shown violence against capital police outside the building.  They were breaking windows and doors to get in.  And, people don't expect to get shot?  It completely amazes me that more people didn't get shot....and it's justified in my mind.

I wouldn't even THINK about doing what they did because I would expect to get shot and that was my thought even before Jan 6th.

These weren't just peaceful protestors.  

And the person who fired the shot was attempting to delay a violent mob from getting their hands on legislators, who had vacated the room seconds before the shot was fired and the seditionist was climbing through the window.

She had already participated in a riot outside, she had already participated in breaking and entering the Capitol during a congressional session, she was actively participating in the storming of the chamber in which congress was certifying a legal election. And that's after trump's rally where he encouraged his cult members to "stop the steal." 

It's frankly astounding that more of the mob wasn't shot. 

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

And the person who fired the shot was attempting to delay a violent mob from getting their hands on legislators, who had vacated the room seconds before the shot was fired and the seditionist was climbing through the window.

She had already participated in a riot outside, she had already participated in breaking and entering the Capitol during a congressional session, she was actively participating in the storming of the chamber in which congress was certifying a legal election. And that's after trump's rally where he encouraged his cult members to "stop the steal." 

It's frankly astounding that more of the mob wasn't shot. 

if the cop had been armed with an AR-15 and traveled across state lines to shoot 3 protesters he would be a hero of the far right

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, commando said:

if the cop had been armed with an AR-15 and traveled across state lines to shoot 3 protesters he would be a hero of the far right

And if a Capitol Police/Secret Service officer had done the same May 30/June 1 of last year...the entire organization would have been vilified and defunded by the left...with additional mayhem and destruction

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

And if a Capitol Police/Secret Service officer had done the same May 30/June 1 of last year...the entire organization would have been vilified and defunded by the left...with additional mayhem and destruction

Not if they had been storming the Capitol Building while Congress was in session.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I don't know what triggered this response but... this ain't it.  

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I don't recall anyone breaking into the capitol and trashing it threatening to kill members of Congress in May and June last year.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

do you really believe that?  if so...you are in too deep.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

This guy is one of the "auditors?" 

And they're looking for bamboo because bamboo only exists in "south Asia?"  And that's going to prove....... ?

If I lived in Arizona and paid taxes there, I'd be FURIOUS that my tax dollars are paying for this clown show. 

• Plus1 2