The trumpet alt-reality election recount extravaganza t2o electrick boogaloop-be-bop-a-ree-bop

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

What can you demonstrate, from my example, that is incorrect. And the fact if you say "she had it coming" for this and not when it happens for fighting and assaulting a cop...depending on the race of the victim...says more about you and your true "leanings" regardless of what you say on here

What the actual f#&% are you even talking about??? You're on a very strange tangent.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

What can you demonstrate, from my example, that is incorrect. And the fact if you say "she had it coming" for this and not when it happens for fighting and assaulting a cop...depending on the race of the victim...says more about you and your true "leanings" regardless of what you say on here

I can demonstrate that this forum has not "blow[n] their collective tops if the cop is white and the victim is black, regardless of the circumstances." That's a bald-faced lie at face value, and charitably a gross caricature.

Just as putting in quotes "she had it coming" is a gross caricature that is a lie at best and trolling at worst. I said no such thing. You'll find no such quote from me.

Blaming reaction here on race is disgusting. It's indicative of a mindset that does not help this conversation. Pretending that what the insurrectionists did and how people reacted to that is based on race is horrible.

• Plus1 4
4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Just thinking about how a white cop shot an unarmed white woman and most everyone here is cool with it...but blow their collective tops if the cop is white and the victim is black, regardless of the circumstances 

xhss9.jpg

• Haha 1

It's about time someone from the DOJ took notice of this clown show.

Justice Department raises concerns with audit

The U.S. Department of Justice is asking Senate President Karen Fann to explain what steps she’s taking to make sure the election audit she ordered doesn’t violate federal laws prohibiting voter intimidation and requiring ballots be preserved.

In a letter to Fann on Wednesday, Pamela Karlan, the principal deputy assistant attorney general of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, said the department had two major concerns with the audit. 

First, Karlan said federal law requires state and local election officials to safeguard and preserve election records. She expressed concern that Maricopa County election officials are no longer in control of ballots, election systems and other materials. 

If the Senate designates someone else to serve as a custodian for election records, which must be maintained for 22 months, the Civil Rights Act of 1960 requires “administrative procedures be in place giving election officers ultimate management authority over the retention and security of those election records, including the right to physically access” them, Karlan wrote. 

“We have a concern that Maricopa County election records, which are required by federal law to be retained and preserved, are no longer under the ultimate control of elections officials, are not being adequately safeguarded by contractors, and are at risk of damage or loss,” Karlan said in her letter.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

I can demonstrate that this forum has not "blow[n] their collective tops if the cop is white and the victim is black, regardless of the circumstances." That's a bald-faced lie at face value, and charitably a gross caricature.

Just as putting in quotes "she had it coming" is a gross caricature that is a lie at best and trolling at worst. I said no such thing. You'll find no such quote from me.

Blaming reaction here on race is disgusting. It's indicative of a mindset that does not help this conversation. Pretending that what the insurrectionists did and how people reacted to that is based on race is horrible.

That's the reason I put it in quotes, as a paraphrase. I guess when I read this "She had already participated in a riot outside, she had already participated in breaking and entering the Capitol during a congressional session, she was actively participating in the storming of the chamber in which congress was certifying a legal election" I read it to mean that, in your view, Babbitt could/should have been shot in that situation. You also opined that you were surprised that more weren't shot. Perhaps I read too much into your statement.

Babbitt was an unarmed woman shot by Capitol Police or Secret Service.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/national-international/video-shows-fatal-shooting-of-ashli-babbitt-at-u-s-capitol/2491343/

I said I am not surprised by the suit, but I am surprised that you, among others, are so cavalier about accepting this incident, but not others.

I am entitled to that opinion.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's about time someone from the DOJ took notice of this clown show.

Justice Department raises concerns with audit

The U.S. Department of Justice is asking Senate President Karen Fann to explain what steps she’s taking to make sure the election audit she ordered doesn’t violate federal laws prohibiting voter intimidation and requiring ballots be preserved.

In a letter to Fann on Wednesday, Pamela Karlan, the principal deputy assistant attorney general of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, said the department had two major concerns with the audit. 

First, Karlan said federal law requires state and local election officials to safeguard and preserve election records. She expressed concern that Maricopa County election officials are no longer in control of ballots, election systems and other materials. 

If the Senate designates someone else to serve as a custodian for election records, which must be maintained for 22 months, the Civil Rights Act of 1960 requires “administrative procedures be in place giving election officers ultimate management authority over the retention and security of those election records, including the right to physically access” them, Karlan wrote. 

“We have a concern that Maricopa County election records, which are required by federal law to be retained and preserved, are no longer under the ultimate control of elections officials, are not being adequately safeguarded by contractors, and are at risk of damage or loss,” Karlan said in her letter.

This entire process is being run by idiots.  Why was this group allowed to take the ballots without supervision?  Then, we have these idiots looking for bamboo fibers like that's going to prove anything?  

These ballots are now completely useless to anyone.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

This entire process is being run by idiots.  Why was this group allowed to take the ballots without supervision?  Then, we have these idiots looking for bamboo fibers like that's going to prove anything?  

These ballots are now completely useless to anyone.

Not only idiots, but partisan idiots, and no oversight is being conducted by the ballot custodians. 

Hence the DOJ letter.

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I said I am not surprised by the suit, but I am surprised that you, among others, are so cavalier about accepting this incident, but not others.

That you misunderstand or misrepresent the reaction here is understandable. 

Now if you'll excuse us, we'd all like to get back to this topic. If you want to talk about the actions & consequences surrounding the seditionist, there are more appropriate threads for that. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

That's the reason I put it in quotes, as a paraphrase. I guess when I read this "She had already participated in a riot outside, she had already participated in breaking and entering the Capitol during a congressional session, she was actively participating in the storming of the chamber in which congress was certifying a legal election" I read it to mean that, in your view, Babbitt could/should have been shot in that situation. You also opined that you were surprised that more weren't shot. Perhaps I read too much into your statement.

Babbitt was an unarmed woman shot by Capitol Police or Secret Service.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/national-international/video-shows-fatal-shooting-of-ashli-babbitt-at-u-s-capitol/2491343/

I believe I'm the one that wrote the bolded.  My point is that she wasn't just a peaceful protestor and when someone does what she did, it's not surprising that she got shot.  It baffles me that there are people who don't see that.  Did she deserve it?  That's up to people other than me.  However, I'm shocked more didn't get shot and I don't think the capital police were out of line for doing so.

And, her color had absolutely nothing to do with it.  I've expressed on here multiple times situations where a black person was shot by police and it was justified.

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

You're completely ignoring all other circumstances that make this a hell of a lot different than the "others" you're referring to.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Now if you'll excuse us, we'd all like to get back to this topic. If you want to talk about the actions & consequences surrounding the seditionist, there are more appropriate threads for that.

@GSG provided the segue...I just commented. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe I'm the one that wrote the bolded.  My point is that she wasn't just a peaceful protestor and when someone does what she did, it's not surprising that she got shot.  It baffles me that there are people who don't see that.  Did she deserve it?  That's up to people other than me.  However, I'm shocked more didn't get shot and I don't think the capital police were out of line for doing so.

And, her color had absolutely nothing to do with it.  I've expressed on here multiple times situations where a black person was shot by police and it was justified.

Apologies if I attributed comments to the wrong posters.

21 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

She is in a mob, storming and terrorizing the capital building where members of congress are in session.  The mob had already shown violence against capital police outside the building.  They were breaking windows and doors to get in.  And, people don't expect to get shot?  It completely amazes me that more people didn't get shot....and it's justified in my mind.

Ahhh...yes.  I wrote something very similar.

• Plus1 2