The trumpet alt-reality election recount extravaganza t2o electrick boogaloop-be-bop-a-ree-bop

5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well I was hoping you would take the first half of that sentence as an olive branch, and give the second half of the sentence a bit more reflection. 

Not sure what you mean? I said everyone is guilty of being a hypocrite at some point...which would include me.

How's that?

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The issue is comparing a thimble of hypocrisy with a gallon. It's a bad look. 

I am sure there is some wise phrase from Confucius regarding how a thimble can hold a gallon or a gallon is like a thimble to a giant, or some such... but I can't find one :unsure:

Just now, DevoHusker said:

I am sure there is some wise phrase from Confucius regarding how a thimble can hold a gallon or a gallon is like a thimble to a giant, or some such... but I can't find one :unsure:

The attempt to both-sides this is noted, but ultimately unsuccessful. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just that there were two points I was trying to make, and you only responded to the easy one.

If you are asking me if I think Fox News et al was one sided and hypocritical in their coverage of Jan 6th then I would resoundingly say yes. I thought that went without saying...

14 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

If you are asking me if I think Fox News et al was one sided and hypocritical in their coverage of Jan 6th then I would resoundingly say yes. I thought that went without saying...

Thanks. I'm never sure. 

I appreciate your posts and genuine interest in other viewpoints and sources. 

Sorry, Sen. Paul Boyer. You can't disown the Arizona election audit now

Corrections & Clarifications:Sen. Paul Boyer did not officially vote for the Senate audit but supported it in principle. This was incorrect in a previous version.

Sen. Paul Boyer wants to be the forgettable villain in a really bad movie called the Arizona election audit.

Things have gone off the rails with the Republican-led audit and Boyer is suddenly regretful about the role he played to get it underway in the first place.

It makes us look like idiots,” Boyer told The New York Times over the weekend about the recount-turned-witch-hunt of non-existent election voter fraud – but more about that later.

“Looking back, I didn’t think it would be this ridiculous. It’s embarrassing to be a state senator at this point,” Boyer said.

What? Boyer didn’t think it’d be this ridiculous?

Boyer can't wash his hands of this audit

His fellow Arizona Republicans lit the torch of the “Stop the Steal” crowd the moment Trump lost the November vote.

Either Boyer is that naïve or somebody twisted his arm to support auditing Maricopa County’s 2.1 million ballots. Boyer, who never actually voted for the audit as I initially wrote, told me he believed there was nothing wrong in principle with auditing the county’s vote.

Either way, Boyer doesn’t get to wash his hands of this farce and expect roaring applause for simply disowning his initial support while still doing nothing to stop it.

The audit, being carried out by Trump’s Cyber Ninjas, is not just the butt of jokes but a real threat to the integrity of elections, with conspiracy theories or ridiculous shenanigans coming out almost daily.

You really can’t make up what’s happening. Right-wing auditors are searching for bamboo fibers because somebody floated a conspiracy theory that ballots were sent from Asia.

That’s just the latest. They’ve also been looking for watermarks and yellow dots, and shining ultraviolet flashlights on each ballot.

All that is happening without securing the ballots. Auditors even planned to knock on doors to harass voters in hopes of finding proof that Trump lost to Joe Biden only through fraud.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s a funny way to write yet another NYT’s correction 

When was the last time Newsmax, OAN, Fox News, the Daily Mail, the Gateway Pundit and such corrected any of their blatant disinformation, let alone mistakes, unless of course it was under the threat of billions of dollars in lawsuits?

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

When was the last time Newsmax, OAN, Fox News, the Daily Mail, the Gateway Pundit and such corrected any of their blatant disinformation, let alone mistakes, unless of course it was under the threat of billions of dollars in lawsuits?

Newsmax has retracted and apologized.

And it only took a billion dollar lawsuit to get them to do it...

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

wha...???

So, their own actions are making your party look like idiots and this is your response?

That the NYT author got the story wrong?  Yes that’s my response.  I don’t follow the Arizona audit outside of what’s posted here by others.  Overall I think periodic audits are a healthy things regardless of how close or outcome of an election.  Business’s do them regularly (I assume your does too) so why shouldn’t state election boards?  

hopefully they are done above board, with transparency, and full results published to the taxpayers.  If those aren’t met, I would not be for that process.  

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I’m not sure of the actual last time, feel free to look that up and get back to us by the end of the week. 

• Plus1 1