Nebraska Governor's Race

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That would be why I don't see anything about him. Not watching commercials is the best thing in life.

Oddly, I was looking at this thread on Reddit earlier. Funny how ads are among the oddest things non-Americans find about America. And interesting timing since I just mentioned I don't watch commercials last week. 

When you travel in Europe, you realize how over advertised America is.  It's something that makes the countries so beautiful.  Wish we were more like them.

• Plus1 3

Just now, knapplc said:

Didn't you say last week you're a Democrat? I would think they'd hit you up for fundraising if they're going to have a candidate this cycle.

Haha... last cycle they waited until what's his name lost the Republican primary, then begged him to run Independent as a counter to Ricketts, and then offered the resources of the Dem party if he would fly his name under their banner. - Not hearing anything by now is no surprise. I also said I was registered a D. Just cuz you're registered a certain way doesn't mean you're in the loop, or care to be. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Haha... last cycle they waited until what's his name lost the Republican primary, then begged him to run Independent as a counter to Ricketts, and then offered the resources of the Dem party if he would fly his name under their banner. - Not hearing anything by now is no surprise. I also said I was registered a D. Just cuz you're registered a certain way doesn't mean you're in the loop, or care to be. 

I guess that makes sense. My wife is a registered Democrat and I don't recall anything coming to her in the mail. 

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

You can vote in the primary as an Independent in Nebraska. You have more flexibility that way, too. You can request a neutral ballot, a Dem ballot or a Republican ballot. As a registered member of a party, that's the only ballot you get. 

This will be the route I go with then, Switching parties again. Honestly no reason to switch back if this is the case...

• Plus1 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Enhance said:

What percentage of Nebraskans actually relate to garbage like this? Even some of my staunchly conservative friends think think this guy is a tool.

I don't know.  I know I don't, and I also realize I'm way more liberal than a lot of NE voters.

But I also am aware that Nebraska isn't going to have a "liberal" governor anytime soon and I wish these candidates wouldn't try so hard to be a cartoon "Republican" because I'd be happy to support a GOP candidate that didn't come off like a pandering putz.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

What percentage of Nebraskans actually relate to garbage like this? Even some of my staunchly conservative friends think think this guy is a tool.

I'm very disappointed with him in this.  I absolutely won't be voting for the other guy with as big of MAGA dude as he is.  He absouletely worships Trump.

So, I was on the Pillen bandwagon because he seemed to be more reasonable. 

Then....he came out with this ad. It's very different than his previous ads I had seen.

I have the feeling that he felt that he needed to try to appeal to the MAGA crowd some to get their votes.  Disappointing.

Is this ad being ran in Omaha and Lincoln too? I'm interested in knowing why your conservative friends think he's a tool.  Was it because he was being too moderate for them?

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm very disappointed with him in this.  I absolutely won't be voting for the other guy with as big of MAGA dude as he is.  He absouletely worships Trump.

So, I was on the Pillen bandwagon because he seemed to be more reasonable. 

Then....he came out with this ad. It's very different than his previous ads I had seen.

I have the feeling that he felt that he needed to try to appeal to the MAGA crowd some to get their votes.  Disappointing.

Is this ad being ran in Omaha and Lincoln too? I'm interested in knowing why your conservative friends think he's a tool.  Was it because he was being too moderate for them?

Ha!  I saw it the other day!  

I think it has been on a few times.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's definitely being run in Omaha so I assume it's in Lincoln, as well. I saw it during one of the NFL playoff games two weeks ago.

And the 'tool' thing came up over the weekend at a wedding, specifically because of this ad and for very similar reasons that you outlined. Basically that pulling this ad out felt like a clear call to MAGA people.

More personally... the whole thing is idiotic. Having a shotgun and cocking it (nothing to do with hunting despite the appearances). Making America Great Again references. Dunking on Fauci. Just dumb low-hanging fruit BS that I'm tired of Republican political candidates pugging because they're afraid of not doing so.

• Plus1 4