Nebraska Governor's Race

36 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Someone on that state is going to win.  Well I guess Pillen wasn't on the stage and he has a solid chance.  But we'll never hear from him if he does since he's scared of the terribly liberal media in Nebraska :laughpound

I don't know much about him, but Lindstrom is the one I'm rooting for mostly by default...

Yeah...I'm trying to look at someone other than Pillen and Herbster at this point.  But, they don't have much of a chance I don't think.

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Woman Groper and a Trump endorsement....a GOP dream candidate! 

Why wouldn't she disclose this sooner? The man is a leading (the leading?) candidate for governor. 

During an event in 2019, for example, Republican State Sen. Julie Slama confirmed that as she walked by Herbster, he reached up her skirt, without her consent, and touched her inappropriately. The incident happened in the middle of a crowded ballroom at the Douglas County Republican Party’s annual Elephant Remembers dinner. 

At the time, Slama had been recently appointed to the District 1 legislative seat representing southeast Nebraska. Herbster owns a farm and a house in the district. 

Another person attending the 2019 event saw Herbster reach up Slama’s skirt and had told the Examiner about it. That witness and two others said they saw Herbster grope another young woman on her buttocks at the same event.

When the Examiner asked Slama on Monday if the two incidents at the event had been described accurately, and whether Herbster had touched her under her skirt, Slama said: “Yes, confirmed,” but declined to discuss the incidents further.  

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Why wouldn't she disclose this sooner? The man is a leading (the leading?) candidate for governor. 

I don't even think Slama wanted it out, it sounds like someone else caught wind and went to the press and she just confirmed it's truth. Hopefully it opens some eyes to the type of person Herbster is, but I won't hold my breath. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don't even think Slama wanted it out, it sounds like someone else caught wind and went to the press and she just confirmed it's truth. Hopefully it opens some eyes to the type of person Herbster is, but I won't hold my breath. 

Considering she is a Republican, it does a disservice to her to call out the Trumpster of the party. She likely would have faced much more scrutiny during the legislative session that just ended from her own constituents. 

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

My hope was that Herbster and Pillen would split the MAGA idiot votes and someone like Lindstrom would sneak in and win.  If Herbster all of a sudden drops a bunch of votes, those will go to Pillen before anyone else.

Which...sucks almost as bad.

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just when I think Hall Daub can’t prove he’s an even bigger a$$ hole. 

Yikes. It’s totally unsurprising that a lot of people saw the Examiner as a potentially more unbiased and reliable news source than something like the OWH and LJS and yet here it’s being proven that they too are susceptible to evidently partisan outrage.

I read the Examiner’s explanation for the timing. Seems as legit as possible without us literally being one of the reporters in the know.