Nebraska Governor's Race

i saw a lindstrom ad....had no idea he was running. while i was happy to see a political ad with no attacks in it....it was also totally void of any idea of what he wants to do as governor.  all i know from the ad is he is a conservative who played football for the Huskers.

• Plus1 2

51 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Does this guy have a shot to win?

No clue, but based purely on marketing and name recognition, Herbster and Pillen seem to be among the two candidates likely to receive the most votes.

Can’t say either of them give me warm fuzzies as a potential state leader, particularly since Pillen’s primary strategy at this point is opposition politics. Most of his messaging right now boils down to “look how dumb liberals are.”

Furthermore, among his top listed policy issues on his website is a slam against CRT, which has been blown way out of proportion by conservative fear mongers. Tells me all I really need to know about the guy.

29 minutes ago, commando said:

i saw a lindstrom ad....had no idea he was running. while i was happy to see a political ad with no attacks in it....it was also totally void of any idea of what he wants to do as governor.  all i know from the ad is he is a conservative who played football for the Huskers.

Lmao I saw that ad yesterday too during one of the playoff games.

Like… TO… literally God’s representative on Earth for Nebraska football… wasn’t able to capitalize on his football popularity to win the governors race. And this dude thinks he can? He’ll be among the fewest vote getters if I had to bet right now. 

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...

So not gonna lie, since I left the state, I haven't paid much attention to the Nebraska politics. I certainly was disappointed by the lack of a serious opposition to the Nebraska GOP. Too many states are like that. Our politics are too baked in in too many places. It's really nice being a place like Michigan where things are a bit swingier. Change can be good.

But what's the read on each of the different candidates? Are there any significant differences between them? Kind of seems like just more of the same. Nebraska elections seem like a race to who loves babies, guns, the Bible and triggering the libs more.

3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

So not gonna lie, since I left the state, I haven't paid much attention to the Nebraska politics. I certainly was disappointed by the lack of a serious opposition to the Nebraska GOP. Too many states are like that. Our politics are too baked in in too many places. It's really nice being a place like Michigan where things are a bit swingier. Change can be good.

But what's the read on each of the different candidates? Are there any significant differences between them? Kind of seems like just more of the same. Nebraska elections seem like a race to who loves babies, guns, the Bible and triggering the libs more.

And who can slob on Trump's knob the most, for the time being. 

• 3 weeks later...

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was wondering about this. 

Just one more reason not to vote for him.  

Herbster's campaign is a bit of a mess right now not only with this ad fiasco but the bizarre Mike Foley endorsement situation from yesterday. The TLDR being that Foley announced Herbster endorsement, Ricketts criticized Foley's endorsement, and then at the Foley/Herbster press conference regarding Foley's endorsement, Herbster's PR people refused to let him answer any questions about what Ricketts said. They shuffled him out of there.

Just weird. Most of these Republican governor candidates are remarkably underwhelming. Feels like the 2016 Republican presidential primaries all over again.

I also saw that Larry the Cable Guy endorsed Pillen in an ad. I'm generally not in favor of voter restriction laws but if anybody uses Larry's endorsement to weigh into their decision making then I would support removing their right to vote lol.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We literally have some nut jobs running for Governor.

Herbster also stood by the evening’s most unusual answer: He said, without offering evidence, that China planned the COVID-19 pandemic to get rid of President Donald Trump. 

Asked to explain after the debate, Herbster shared a debunked conspiracy theory about the virus being designed by China to force global political change.

“This is a planned pandemic,” Herbster said. “It was planned all along. I’ve said that from day one, and it was planned to be a part of taking America down and dividing America.”

Pillen’s campaign issued a statement criticizing the other candidates for participating in debates moderated by the “liberal media.” It said he hosted a telephone town hall.

• Oh Yeah! 2
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We literally have some nut jobs running for Governor.

Someone on that state is going to win.  Well I guess Pillen wasn't on the stage and he has a solid chance.  But we'll never hear from him if he does since he's scared of the terribly liberal media in Nebraska :laughpound

I don't know much about him, but Lindstrom is the one I'm rooting for mostly by default...

• Plus1 1