Nebraska Governor's Race

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

My hope was that Herbster and Pillen would split the MAGA idiot votes and someone like Lindstrom would sneak in and win.  If Herbster all of a sudden drops a bunch of votes, those will go to Pillen before anyone else.

Which...sucks almost as bad.

I registered as an independent to vote in the primary. Lindstrom is an easy vote for me. Even though we don’t see eye to eye, give me the guy wanting to do some good over the two idiots trying to out buzz-word each other. 

• Plus1 4

Is Herbster the guy with the super vomity ads or the sort of vomity ads? All of the candidates I've seen anything on are trash. Which one is the guy who came out with the ads early on talking about how much Trump helps farmers? I remember thinking since when are farmers so frail and needy that they need to ask a New Yorker who's never stepped in mud for help?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Is Herbster the guy with the super vomity ads or the sort of vomity ads? All of the candidates I've seen anything on are trash. Which one is the guy who came out with the ads early on talking about how much Trump helps farmers? I remember thinking since when are farmers so frail and needy that they need to ask a New Yorker who's never stepped in mud for help?

Herbster is the guy that is "Trump endorsed" and loves to remind everyone.  Never mind that it turns off like 70% of Nebraskans; but only about 40% of NE Republicans...

And at least 35% of the 40% of "eye rollers" will be more than happy to vote for him rather than a D.

Lindstrom needs to win the primary!  First time in a long time I'd be happy to vote for a Republican twice (primary and general).

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Lindstrom still seems like the most reasonable. 

I still very much agree. I haven't had much of a chance to look into Theresa Thibodeau yet (which I need to do before the primary), but in regards to Lindstrom vs. Herbster/Pillen, Lindstrom is the most responsible choice.

Pillen and Herbster behave and speak like indoctrinated plebs. Nebraskans have an opportunity to help shift the tide back to more responsible conservatism. I can abide by policy disagreement (of which I have many with Lindstrom) but I can't abide by foolishness... and Herbster/Pillen bring a lot of foolishness to the table.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

These poor poor people were so disappointed the bloated Cheeto didn’t come see them. 

That Herbster dude is long-winded.  Of course he got in the obligatory "fake news", "freedom", and "your president" lines in before he wrapped up telling everyone the event was cancelled due to the forecast of bad weather which took him 2.5 minutes to do.  

• Plus1 2