Roxy’s Kitchen Chatter/Entrees

Roast Beef/Potatoes/Carrots & Gravy:

****If making mashed potatoes, I cook them separately on the stove!

I will only use a chuck roast when I make this.  

You can either put in a crockpot and cook it on low heat all day or bake it at 250 degrees all day.  I baked this in the oven the other day and the next day, I put the leftovers in the crockpot and heated it on low to have for dinner.  Either way, it will turn out tender.  

I will only use chuck roast.

Flour chuck roast on both sides; season with garlic salt and pepper.

Heat oil or olive oil in skillet.  

While the oil is heating up, peel potatoes; cut in half and wash in colander.

Put potatoes in roasting pan.  

Empty a bag of baby carrots in colander; wash.  Add to roasting pan.

Clean a carton of fresh sliced mushrooms; add to roasting pan.

Peel some garlic and slice some white onions; add to roasting pan.

Pour 3 cartons of Swanson’s Beef Broth over veggies.

Put rack on top of veggies.

Add floured chuck roast to skillet; lightly brown on both sides.

Put roast on rack.

Put some garlic on top.

Sprinkle one package Lipton Onion Beefy Soup Mix over Roast; flip and do the other side with another package of Lipton’s Beefy Onion Soup Mix.

Cover and bake in preheated 220 degree oven for several hours

***The  longer it bakes, the more tender it will be!  I probably baked it for 10 hours or so.

EDB8A504-1E13-4E09-A5C3-30DD435D7519.jpeg

I made pork chops, lima beans and stove top pork stuffing for dinner last night.  We get thin-cut pork chops at the meat market and they are better than the regular pork chops that are sold in grocery stores.  If you have a meat market where you live, try them sometime.

7A169963-43EF-405B-85F6-8173E642D55C.jpeg

This is the only recipe I will use to fry fish!  My mom used to fry fish using crackers and in my opinion, it’s the best way to fry fish.  I always soak fish in milk hours before frying-NOT Shrimp! Pic of shrimp is the on the bottom.

Cut Up Cod In Serving Pieces.

Put In Glass Baking Dish; Cover With Milk.

I made Alaska Cod the other night.  

Pictures of cod and when I made shrimp awhile back.

Shrimp/Alaskan Cod:

***I use my Presto Daddy Deep Fat Fryer to fry the shrimp and I use the electric skillet to fry other fish.

Heat Oil In Presto Daddy Deep Fat Fryer:

Ingredients:

Deli Shrimp-(However Many You Need)

2 Eggs, Beaten-(I Just Put The Eggs In A Bowl & Whisked Them)

1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour

Pinch Of Salt

1/2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper, Or To Taste

Garlic Salt, To Taste

Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, To Taste 

Saltine Crackers, Crushed/(Eyeballed It)/Put In Ziplock Bag; Seal & Pound Using A Meat Tenderizer

Vegetable Oil

Lemon Wedges-(Opt.)

Sliced Green Onions-(Opt.)

1.  In a bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, Creole Seasoning, salt and pepper; stir,

2.  Crack the eggs in another bowl; whisk.

3.  Put crackers in a zip-loc bag and crush them.  I did it the easy way!  

4.  Put Saltine Crackers in a zip-loc bag; seal bag.  Take a meat tenderizer and pound the Saltine Crackers into very small pieces.

5.  Put the shrimp in the flour mixture, then dip them in eggs.

6.  Put fish/shrimp in zip-loc bag that has the crushed crackers;add some more Creole Seasoning; shake to coat.

7.  Put shrimp into preheated Fry Daddy, fry until light brown-(1-2 minutes.)

8.  Put shrimp on a paper towel-lined plate.

9.  Serve with Seafood Sauce, lemon wedges and sliced green onions.

92E5F06A-8B53-43DA-88C7-7D74B5D59A7E.jpeg

Mo’s Shrimp Fettuccini:

Mo is a very good friend of mine!  She is a fantastic cook!  She gave me her recipe!

This turned out great!

I doubled the recipe below.  I didn’t have enough Parmesan Cheese so I used some Shredded Mozzarella Cheese to make up the difference!  If you want spice, you can season the shrimp with Creole Seasoning/Cajun Seasoning/your favorite Seasoning or the Seasoning I will post here.  I Seasoned it with the spice posted below after I plated it!  If you make the sauce, start out with the amount of heavy cream listed and just add to it to get the thickness you want!  It all depends on how many shrimp you are using!  The sauce did thicken up in the refrigerator overnight, just so you know!  I liked it better that way!  Served cheese bread and salad with it.

Alfredo Sauce For Fettuccini Or Seafood Fettuccine:

1/2 Cup Butter

2 Cups Heavy Cream

1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese Or Asiago Cheese

***I Used Part Parmesan & Mozzarella Cheese Because I Didn’t Have Enough Parmesan

1 Clove Garlic, Pressed

***I Just Dumped Some Christopher Ranch Minced Garlic In

Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Fresh Parsley

In a Dutch Oven, combine butter and heavy cream.  Simmer this for about 10 minutes, until nice and warm.  Add the Parmesan and garlic.  Simmer  this for 15-20 minutes on low until Cheese is melted and flavors have melded.

Remove from heat and use on cooked fettuccine or your favorite pasta.  Garnish with more Parmesan Cheese, fresh ground black pepper and parsley.  I sprinkled it with Parmesan Cheese from a can, parsley and seasoning that is mentioned below.

You can make seafood fettuccine by adding scallops and/or shrimp to the sauce when the cheese is melted and continue to cook on low until the seafood is done to your liking.  I just used fresh shrimp from Albertson’s! Don’t cook shrimp too long or it will get tough!

When seafood is done, pour this creamy sauce over fettuccine or your favorite pasta.  I used fettuccine.  Toss gently until all pasta is coated.  

After you plate it, garnish with more Parmesan, freshly ground black pepper and parsley.

I used Parmesan Cheese from a container, parsley and the seasoning below:

Mexican Seasoning Blend:

2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin

2 Tablespoons Chili Powder

2 Tablespoons Paprika

2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano

***I Used Dried Oregano Leaves Because That Is What I Had

1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder

2 Teaspoons Cayenne

Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container; refrigerate.

***I save empty seasoning shakers and use them to store homemade seasonings.

Use in tacos, fajitas, chili, or as a Mexican Flavored Rub for chicken, pork or beef.

Use this when you grill pork steaks, etc.

Pictures are of Seasoning and shrimp fettuccine!

F8479846-CCA6-4202-83BD-2B54FB2F04F2.jpeg

Hey @Roxy15 - I merged your 'pasta' thread with this 'entrees' thread.

Similar to the post I made in your "Vegetables" thread, I don't think we need different threads for various types of entrees. They should all be consolidated into one thread. Otherwise, one could argue that there could be threads for entrees: pasta, entrees: steak, entrees: chicken, entrees: tacos, etc., and that would just get a little out of hand.

Thanks!

• Plus1 2

Salsa de Chili Piquin-(Spicy)

On a comal, roast 2 Roma tomatoes-(1 large and 1 small)-and 1 tomatillo, and 12 Chili Piquins.

In a blender, add the chiles, a little diced up white onion, 1 garlic clove, a pinch of cilantro, salt and a little water; blend well. Then add the tomatoes and a little more water and salt-(if needed)-and blend it very good. 

***If you want it less spicy, just don't add as many chiles.

AC643FD9-02DD-4BD9-A6E9-A139C7A1C4E0.jpeg

Mexican Stuffed Shells:

Ingredients:

1 lb. Ground Beef

1-(1-1/4-oz.)-Pkg. Taco Seasoning

***Can Use Low Sodium)

1-(4-oz.)-Pkg. Cream Cheese

14-16 Large Pasta Shells

1 Cup Salsa

1 Cup Taco Sauce

***NOT ENCHILADA SAUCE

1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded

1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded

1-1/2 Cups Tortilla Chips, Crushed-(Opt.)

3 Green Onions, Chopped

1 Cup Sour Cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a frying pan, cook ground beef; add Taco Seasoning and prepare according to package directions. 

Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and cool completely.

While the ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. 

Set shells out individually on baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.

Pour salsa on bottom of a 9×13-in. baking dish. 

Stuff each shell with the meat mixture placing shells in dish open side up. Cover shells with taco sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes, with the foil removed. Top with green onions and serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.

21ABB272-5B3E-4D90-BE3F-1E206B188E5F.jpeg

Roxy - I merged your 'Mexican' thread with the 'Entrees' thread. I realize Mexican food is its own type of cuisine, but I think we need to group things together in as few threads as possible. Otherwise, we could theoretically have a thread for Italian food, Chinese food, French food, Mexican, etc., and that's a bit extreme.

• Plus1 1