Buffalo

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What's strange is they list multiple guys for the same position.

I'm just confused by the tweet.

Maybe this is a list of coaching prospects for the HC position.  But, it's odd that a school would list their prospects.

Pete Thamel is a writer.  He's the one making the list of potential candidates for Buffalo's head coaching position with Lance Liepold going to Kansas.

1 hour ago, GSG said:

Because we play them on September 11, 2021 :dunno 

Does anybody here really care about their coaching staff, though? :dunno It's not like Turner Gill is still coaching there or anything. This just feels like a big 'throw s#!t at the wall and see what sticks' list of theoretically possible candidates, without context. (And maybe this should've been prefixed with "2021 Opponent Preview" like the other threads about this years opponents...)

37 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Pete Thamel is a writer.  He's the one making the list of potential candidates for Buffalo's head coaching position with Lance Liepold going to Kansas.

When he says "Buffalo names...."  It makes it sound like the program put out the list.  Maybe I misunderstood.

19 minutes ago, Toe said:

Does anybody here really care about their coaching staff, though? :dunno It's not like Turner Gill is still coaching there or anything. This just feels like a big 'throw s#!t at the wall and see what sticks' list of theoretically possible candidates, without context. (And maybe this should've been prefixed with "2021 Opponent Preview" like the other threads about this years opponents...)

Then don't respond.  It's a simple problem to fix if you have this big of an issue with the subject.  Sorry I didn't put your perfect title on the thread.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

When he says "Buffalo names...."  It makes it sound like the program put out the list.  Maybe I misunderstood.

Yes, you misunderstood.  "Names" in this instance is not a verb. Due to the character limit on Twitter, he's using "Names" short for "Names of interest for next head coach".

11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

My only question is, why would Liepold leave Buffalo to go to Kansas? I mean not even Les Miles and ample chested blonde hotties could fix that program. :lol:

His salary multiplies several times overnight, and even if he fails after 3-4 years of raking it in, he can simply get another MAC job or coordinator job making no worse than his previous salary. 

• Plus1 1