Weight: 230

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date: 9/2/06

Scholarships offered: Nebraska

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/

Bid Red Report:NR/

Assessing the talent: He caught 44 balls for 879 yards and scoring a total of 15 touchdowns.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker:85% Huskers dish out only offer up to this point. No doubt more to come from the NU bandwagoners.

Ryan Hill

TE 6-3 230 Arvada, Colo. - Arvada West HS

“You could tell how together the team was and that we’re only going to get better as time goes on. Then, when you think about how great coach (Bill) Callahan is, you really get excited about getting to Lincoln as soon as you can.”

Diamond in the rough?

TE Ryan Hill -- 6'3, 230

http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...mp;pr_key=49074

hello, ryan hill's committment is out of the blue:

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=553...2%2f553335.html

p.s. in fact, ryan hill's verbal committment is so out of the blue that eric does not even have an info topic-post dedicated to ryan hill

2nd p.s. I believe that NU was/is the only school who has offered him

here is an article from the OWH on him, its pretty funny how he became a Husker fan

LINCOLN - Ryan Hill's passion for Nebraska football started as a joke. He cheered for the Huskers only to pick a battle with his mother, a Colorado graduate.

"Ever since I was a little kid, I rooted for them," Hill said. "But the more I watched, the more I loved the way their teams played. And then I decided if I ever had a chance to play football in college, Nebraska was the only place I wanted to go."

Turns out, it was a fine match. NU was the first school to offer Hill a scholarship in June. He accepted on Saturday, becoming the ninth member of the Huskers' 2007 recruiting class.

A 6-foot-3, 230-pound tight end from Arvada (Colo.) West High, Hill plans to sign a letter with Nebraska in February. As an agile, pass-catching threat, Hill fits the profile of recent NU tight end recruits like freshman Mike McNeill out of St. Louis and fellow commitment Ian Harris of San Antonio.

"The offense that we run (at Arvada West) is a no-huddle, spread set," said Hill, who earned first-team all-state honors a year ago and also stars in baseball as a pitcher and outfielder. "I'm not down the line blocking a lot. I'm more split out."

He helped his school reach the playoff semifinals in Colorado's largest class a year ago, catching 44 passes for 879 yards and 15 touchdowns.

The majority of those throws came from quarterback Sean McDougal, now a scholarship freshman at Colorado State.

Hill said CSU tried to recruit him, in addition to California, Iowa State, Stanford and Washington. He settled on the Huskers after talking several times with receivers coach Ted Gilmore, a former Colorado assistant.

And now that Hill is headed to Lincoln, he said, split allegiances are no longer a problem in his family.

"My heart was always there at Nebraska," Hill said. "And now my mom's is, too. She's going to be wearing red next year."

• 4 weeks later...