Huskers to Release Spring 2021 Testing Numbers

Is this a good thing for the team, or a bad thing?  Kudos to him, very impressive. 

I think the AFletes need to have more quick twitch than our center.  

I can hear it now...but, but, he was a tight end!  Go pound sand with that garbage.  We have how many scholly WRs, DBs and RBs?  And 3 finished better than him?  Yikes

16 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

are all the numbers released somewhere or are they just dropping them one at a time like this

That is the only one I've seen so far.  They said "this week"  so I'm guessing they're going to release one or two each day.

9 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

Is this a good thing for the team, or a bad thing?  Kudos to him, very impressive. 

I think the AFletes need to have more quick twitch than our center.  

I can hear it now...but, but, he was a tight end!  Go pound sand with that garbage.  We have how many scholly WRs, DBs and RBs?  And 3 finished better than him?  Yikes

I think you're underestimating how good a 34.5 inch vertical for an OL is. Only one OL in the combine out jumped him and he tied Alex Leatherwood who was drafted 17th overall. He out jumped Travis Etienne, RB from Clemson, 1st round pick, by a full inch. He out jumped multiple WRs, LBs, OL, DL, RBs, and Safeties who went in the first 3 rounds.

Cam is a freak of an athlete and that jump doesn't discount the athletes we have at other positions at all.

• Plus1 6
19 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I think you're underestimating how good a 34.5 inch vertical for an OL is. Only one OL in the combine out jumped him and he tied Alex Leatherwood who was drafted 17th overall. He out jumped Travis Etienne, RB from Clemson, 1st round pick, by a full inch. He out jumped multiple WRs, LBs, OL, DL, RBs, and Safeties who went in the first 3 rounds.

Cam is a freak of an athlete and that jump doesn't discount the athletes we have at other positions at all.

if he cleans up his snaps and avoids the injury bug the next couple years he will have his name called at the draft. 

• Plus1 4
19 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Exactly! Getting 290lbs to move almost a full 3 feet off the ground is damn impressive, and it has nothing to do with anyone else on the team. It's a standalone own accomplishment.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Cam is an incredible athlete. One of the few Centers Ive seen who can pull effectively and make second level blocks. Dang son, clean up the snaps and you can be a freaky weapon at Center. 

We all have been frustrated with his snaps. However this is why Frost has stuck with him through the problems. 

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I was never poo pooing cams vert.  The average vert of d1 football players is between 29"-31".  Our top 10 doesn't leave me all warm and fuzzy.  Very happy for cam, as I said before.  All I stated was our top 10 leaves lots to be desired.  Look at who's on that list.  Then look at who you expect to be out best playmakers at all 3 levels this year.  Looks like our AFletes need to put some more work in on being AFletic.