Huskers to Release Spring 2021 Testing Numbers

6 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

I was never poo pooing cams vert.  The average vert of d1 football players is between 29"-31".  Our top 10 doesn't leave me all warm and fuzzy.  Very happy for cam, as I said before.  All I stated was our top 10 leaves lots to be desired.  Look at who's on that list.  Then look at who you expect to be out best playmakers at all 3 levels this year.  Looks like our AFletes need to put some more work in on being AFletic.

Notable reported vert jumps from skill players this past couple drafts:

Travis Etienne - Clemson - 33.5"

Kyle Pitts - Florida - 33.5"

Ceedee Lamb - Oklahoma - 34.5"

Jerry Jeudy - Alabama - 35"

Obviously plenty of guys did really well - Ja'Marr Chase jumped 41" and Kadarius Toney jumped 39.5. The Bama guys don't have recorded jumps. 

The vert can be useful for sure, but it's not the only measure of explosiveness or athleticism. It would be nice to see some crazy ones, but I imagine a lot of our skill guys aren't far outside of the top ten, right in the range of players on other teams who are plenty athletic.

55 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

I was never poo pooing cams vert.  The average vert of d1 football players is between 29"-31".  Our top 10 doesn't leave me all warm and fuzzy.  Very happy for cam, as I said before.  All I stated was our top 10 leaves lots to be desired.  Look at who's on that list.  Then look at who you expect to be out best playmakers at all 3 levels this year.  Looks like our AFletes need to put some more work in on being AFletic.

The top 10 has 5 starters and 2-3 contributors in it. Plus it's just that a top 10 with the lowest number being 34 inches which is WAY above your average. So, there is probably a whole lot more starters and contributors a couple inches down the list you can't see. This top 10 doesn't say anything about our players needing to work harder.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Dafuq is an AFleet?

AFleets are the ballers who can run fast and jump high...who go to Alabama and Ohio State.  Guys who are 1st and 2nd round draft picks. It's not a surprise you don't know what an AFleet is.  We haven't had many of them in over two decades.

I don't blame you...ignorance is bliss

Marcus Mendoza was by all accounts the greatest Afleet of all time at Nebraska. That kid tested off the charts and I never understood why he didn’t get more play. He made some damn great plays and should’ve seen the field more, by his Afletic feats alone. 

unless...he couldn’t block, remember the playbook, hold on to the ball, was soft, or otherwise be reliable on game day. 

I’m glad we are seeing the numbers, but many of us won’t be happy w numbers until we see wins. 
however, guys testing well also means we could/should see more wins. 

chill and enjoy the numbers and wins. 

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

AFleets are the ballers who can run fast and jump high...who go to Alabama and Ohio State.  Guys who are 1st and 2nd round draft picks. It's not a surprise you don't know what an AFleet is.  We haven't had many of them in over two decades.

I don't blame you...ignorance is bliss

Sounds stupid.

6 hours ago, I am I said:

Marcus Mendoza was by all accounts the greatest Afleet of all time at Nebraska. That kid tested off the charts and I never understood why he didn’t get more play. He made some damn great plays and should’ve seen the field more, by his Afletic feats alone. 

unless...he couldn’t block, remember the playbook, hold on to the ball, was soft, or otherwise be reliable on game day. 

I’m glad we are seeing the numbers, but many of us won’t be happy w numbers until we see wins. 
however, guys testing well also means we could/should see more wins. 

chill and enjoy the numbers and wins. 

He also almost never showed up to Econ class. Probably had something to do with it...

• Plus1 1