Huskers to Release Spring 2021 Testing Numbers

On 5/11/2021 at 11:45 PM, Cobra Kai said:

Is this a good thing for the team, or a bad thing?  Kudos to him, very impressive. 

I think the AFletes need to have more quick twitch than our center.  

I can hear it now...but, but, he was a tight end!  Go pound sand with that garbage.  We have how many scholly WRs, DBs and RBs?  And 3 finished better than him?  Yikes

Almost as if he could be more effective at a different position...

Also, does anyone really care about testing numbers, or are we just in that position of "finding anything football-related to talk about"? These numbers have a whiff of MacBeth about them. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Almost as if he could be more effective at a different position...

Also, does anyone really care about testing numbers, or are we just in that position of "finding anything football-related to talk about"? These numbers have a whiff of MacBeth about them. 

Why not have fun looking at them and discussing them?  Or, are we supposed to all be crying about how horrible we are and stomping our feet at Frost demanding excellence in every aspect?

I know which is more fun for me.  But, some people have other opinions as to what fun is.

• Plus1 3

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Sanford strikes again.

I hadn't noticed that he was now on the football team until the Spring Game.  I knew he was a really good athlete and was glad he was getting a chance to be on the team.

But after seeing that he is right at the top of most of these testing numbers, I wonder if he won't work himself into some playing time, at least on special teams.

There is speculation that they won't release 40 times and even if they did he might not be in it.  He is fairly fast but I'm not sure if he'd be fast enough to win a spot at CB some time.  But I wouldn't rule it out at this point.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I hadn't noticed that he was now on the football team until the Spring Game.  I knew he was a really good athlete and was glad he was getting a chance to be on the team.

But after seeing that he is right at the top of most of these testing numbers, I wonder if he won't work himself into some playing time, at least on special teams.

There is speculation that they won't release 40 times and even if they did he might not be in it.  He is fairly fast but I'm not sure if he'd be fast enough to win a spot at CB some time.  But I wouldn't rule it out at this point.

I thought he played fairly well at Safety in the spring game. I think he’ll be a fringe special teams contributor/backup next year but will definitely work his way onto special teams in the future... and possibly a contributor on D in 3-4 years. He’s obviously very athletic and showed a good nose for the football in the spring game. 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I feel like he would be an incredible punt team gunner.

• Plus1 1