Thunderin' Bolts vs. Northwestern (The Battle for NU, Hardball Edition)

How will Nebraska fare?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How will Nebraska fare?

• 3-0
    • 2-1
    • 1-2
    • 0-3

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/15/2021 at 12:25 AM

19 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

We are close to agreeing, but do you think teams should be given a forfeit if they aren’t able to field a team due to COVID issues within the team? That’s where I disagree. This isn’t like running out of arms because of injuries or a traditional illness, these are health and safety protocols within a pandemic. It sucks when it happens to NU, but a no-contest is the appropriate result. 

I’m admittedly bitter. Just hate that Nebraska basketball was forced to play out their whole schedule despite Covid concerns but now it would benefit Nebraska to enforce the same policy. It’s not so important anymore. 

• Plus1 2

Destiny remains in our own hands..

Need to go 3-1 next weekend and win the Michigan series.

Do that and win the title.

but first and most importantly, stay the course. Win the game within the game. Win the at bats, win with strikes, win with strong fundamentals.. If they stay focused on the "one game at a time approach", if they don't become their own fans, if they simplify the thought process and win each step, they'll be fine. Play like champions boys! Play like you've been there before and as always...

GO BIG RED!!!!

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Get f#&%ing vaccinated. It’s inexcusable at this point to be dealing with this on teams.  

I don't think you should ever ask a school, an administration, a coach or anyone for that matter to demand you inject a substance of any kind into your body. Totalitarianism is not the way I want this world to go and frankly, fact is, a person is gains natural immunity to a virus is always much better off than one who gains it through vaccination. (That's a fact!) 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I don't think you should ever ask a school, an administration, a coach or anyone for that matter to demand you inject a substance of any kind into your body. Totalitarianism is not the way I want this world to go and frankly, fact is, a person is gains natural immunity to a virus is always much better off than one who gains it through vaccination. (That's a fact!) 

Where did I say they should be forced to?  

im just saying it’s frustrating that they aren’t.  We shouldn’t be penalized because they aren’t.  

2 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

If Nebraska hadn't completely **** the bed against Rutgers at home, this wouldn't matter as much.

Very True but it's not over yet. Maybe it was that weekend performance that gains them the motivation needed to focus a little more. Lets enjoy the season and celebrate when it ends. Lets wait for judgements and "if only" until the last pitch is thrown. Now and for the next however many games, lets enjoy and be thankful for the heart and determination they continue to display. :)

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Where did I say they should be forced to?  

im just saying it’s frustrating that they aren’t.  We shouldn’t be penalized because they aren’t.  

Ok.. so it's cool for you to PROJECT your opinion on them and everyone whom thinks different than you? By your "projection" "get vaccinated" "its inexcusable at this time"... that mate IS authoritative declaration! 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, Loebarth said:

Ok.. so it's cool for you to PROJECT your opinion on them and everyone whom thinks different than you? By your "projection" "get vaccinated" "its inexcusable at this time"... that mate IS authoritative declaration! 

We should not be penalized because of their problem.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I am disappointed but I'm also very thankful. They could have just said no, they didn't, we won 2 games and they (Northwestern) gave it all they had. Respect to them. Respect for wanting to give it a go. Respect for understanding the importance of the weekend. Respect to them in every faucet of the gamesmanship. 

1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

I am disappointed but I'm also very thankful. They could have just said no, they didn't, we won 2 games and they (Northwestern) gave it all they had. Respect to them. Respect for wanting to give it a go. Respect for understanding the importance of the weekend. Respect to them in every faucet of the gamesmanship. 

Glad NW gave it their all. Sucks Nebraska can't play them or pick up a game against Omaha or Creighton. Seems like our guys are playing against a stacked hand - and aren't given the same opportunity as B1G basketball teams or basically every other D1 baseball team. Hopefully Shay and the boys take it out on everyone else the next 7 games. 

51 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Glad NW gave it their all. Sucks Nebraska can't play them or pick up a game against Omaha or Creighton. Seems like our guys are playing against a stacked hand - and aren't given the same opportunity as B1G basketball teams or basically every other D1 baseball team. Hopefully Shay and the boys take it out on everyone else the next 7 games. 

Overall this whole mess just makes me more disappointed in the trash management of the Big Ten. Just reinforces how poorly Warren has done at his job in the grand scheme of things.

Can't be mad at NW for having bad luck. But maybe if the B1G had had a noncon we wouldn't have only one team (barely) in the T25 and be shut out of potentially hosting a regional.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

For what it's worth, when Wisconsin Volleyball in the middle of their B1G championship hunt, their games against Northwestern were ruled forfeits. I wonder if that's cause their AD is well connected in the league office? Fact is NW could probably pitch a couple relievers on 1 day rest or back to back - and I'm sure they have 3-4 position players that can give them 1-2 innings a piece.   If little league and HS teams can do it, NW can certainly do it.