Chin and Co doing something right

4 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Just to be clear.. Is the a Top 10 nationally or conference. Just saying.....

Top 10 nationally in May.  Top 10 in conference in November. 

But this year will be different!  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

lmao... Love the ABSOLUTE confidence @NUance :P:worship:bounce

Ha ha!  I actually do think we'll be a lot better this year.  It's just that, for the past three years I've been like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football:  This is the year, I tell you.  This is the year! 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 3

On 5/11/2021 at 10:20 PM, TheBugeater said:

Chin and D being helped by COVID. No one on Offense sticking around after COVID (e.g. Farniok, Jaimes, Stoll, etc..). How good would we feel about the D if Farmer, NPG, Payne and Rogers were starting instead of Deonti Wlliams, Dismuke, Stille and JoJo?

Honestly, I would still feel pretty good if the super seniors didn't decide to come back.

JoJo is one exception where he is a stud and would be missed. Stille is solid but has replaceable production. Farmer has more INTs in starting only a single half than Dismuke has in his career (0 picks in five years) and tied with Williams for his career (2 picks in 2018). Clark, NPG and Farmer appear to be a formidable group to replace Dismuke & Williams.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Honestly, I would still feel pretty good if the super seniors didn't decide to come back.

JoJo is one exception where he is a stud and would be missed. Stille is solid but has replaceable production. Farmer has more INTs in starting only a single half than Dismuke has in his career (0 picks in five years) and tied with Williams for his career (2 picks in 2018). Clark, NPG and Farmer appear to be a formidable group to replace Dismuke & Williams.

I agree but that being said, I think Dismuke and Williams are both going to have a really good year.  Williams especially.

• Plus1 1

Interestingly enough, Coach Chinander is the one staff member that I think is underrated to date in his performance.  The expectations were lower, but I have seen steady improvement from his unit.  He also does not seem to be one prone to hyperbole like his offensive counterparts.  Perhaps someone will correct me with a quote where he said Big Ten offensive's would need to adjust to him.  This year should be a good year for him, despite the team's overall record and offensive performance.  Yes, I am one that does not see a great leap forward offensively (despite the rosy Spring reports).

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, All Hail Herbie said:

He also does not seem to be one prone to hyperbole like his offensive counterparts.  Perhaps someone will correct me with a quote where he said Big Ten offensive's would need to adjust to him. 

:facepalm:  Christ. Frost never actually said this.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

:facepalm:  Christ. Frost never actually said this.

“I’m hoping the Big Ten has to modify their system for us,” Frost said confidently, resulting in a loud cheer from the group of current and former players and NU administration.

Your right, the quote was much more nuanced.  I would also be the first one to cheerlead more of these proclamations, if of course we were having some success.  Hard to believe, but this quote is now 3 1/2 years old.  

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

“I’m hoping the Big Ten has to modify their system for us,” Frost said confidently, resulting in a loud cheer from the group of current and former players and NU administration.

Your right, the quote was much more nuanced.  I would also be the first one to cheerlead more of these proclamations, if of course we were having some success.  Hard to believe, but this quote is now 3 1/2 years old.  

I still have no problem with the quote.  

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, All Hail Herbie said:

And it wasn't like he just came out and said that.  It was in response to a question about how he'd have to adjust to the B1G.  So he was playing off the question, not just thumping his chest and bragging.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
On 5/15/2021 at 6:04 PM, Mavric said:

And it wasn't like he just came out and said that.  It was in response to a question about how he'd have to adjust to the B1G.  So he was playing off the question, not just thumping his chest and bragging.

Fair.  So in fairness to my original comment, I was merely complimenting Coach Chinander by contrasting his work with other's talk (whether solicited or unsolicited).  Coach Frost may say whatever he wants for $5 million a year.  Of course, supporting those comments with wins would help his case...