Garth Brooks in Memorial Stadium

2 hours ago, Toe said:

Results of the test run for allowing beer at Memorial Stadium....

Q4Jm7YO.jpeg

Sounds like it was like that all over the stadium.

When you’re standing in a crowd what do you expect?  Were there trash cans placed within arms length of everyone? 

relax, someone’s going to get paid to clean it up. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, teachercd said:

It is that way now shooters and soda bottles and cups.

If this were just normal stadium trash, wouldn't there be, you know, normal stadium trash in the picture? This is like 90% beer cans.

2 minutes ago, Toe said:

If this were just normal stadium trash, wouldn't there be, you know, normal stadium trash in the picture? This is like 90% beer cans.

Maybe, what is the point though?  It gets cleaned up the next day by workers and and ROTC (I think)

Also, that is all on the field, where fans will not be during a game and I am guessing no trash cans because that would take up a lot of space.

4 hours ago, krc1995 said:

When you’re standing in a crowd what do you expect?  Were there trash cans placed within arms length of everyone? 

relax, someone’s going to get paid to clean it up. 

No s#!t.  

This is like complaining that the tailgate lots might have some trash after the people leave. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Toe said:

How many plastic cups and shooters would be left behind if people were allowed to buy beer?

Sounds like we need to run an experiment :cheers

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
13 hours ago, Toe said:

Results of the test run for allowing beer at Memorial Stadium....

Q4Jm7YO.jpeg

Sounds like it was like that all over the stadium.

That is not surprising and actually not near as bad as I would expect.  80,000 some people packed in there with basically no easy access to a trash can when their beer is done. I’ve seen worse at concerts with only 10-12k.  I don’t know how UNL handles event cleanup but at the Greeley Stampede, charities, sports teams, Boy Scouts etc. sign up to do concert cleanup as a fundraiser. I’ve participated a couple times in the past. It’s a win-win for the venue and for the groups trying to raise funds.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Husker03 said:

I was at the Garth concert and it made me go from very pro beer-sales-at-Memorial to very much the opposite.  It was a much "drunker" experience than games. People were far more rude and loud and silly and, truly, there is no space for all of the cans in the isles, you end up standing on trash by the end no matter where you stand. After spending the better part of 20 years hoping that we change to beer sales, I am off the wagon like an old geezer. Get drunk before you come like the good old days and sober up by the 4th,  keep the smell and the beer and the stumbling out imo. 

I was not there but how long did they sell beer for and how many people were 21 and older?  I am guessing 90%?

For a football game the 21 and over crowd is probably 75%?  And they stop selling after the 3rd quarter (I think) so you have about 2.5 hours of buying time.  For Garth I would imagine it was much much longer.

As far as being rude, I will take your word on it.  As far as being loud or silly, I mean, it is a concert not the opera. 

1 hour ago, Husker03 said:

I was at the Garth concert and it made me go from very pro beer-sales-at-Memorial to very much the opposite.  It was a much "drunker" experience than games. People were far more rude and loud and silly and, truly, there is no space for all of the cans in the isles, you end up standing on trash by the end no matter where you stand. After spending the better part of 20 years hoping that we change to beer sales, I am off the wagon like an old geezer. Get drunk before you come like the good old days and sober up by the 4th,  keep the smell and the beer and the stumbling out imo. 

I feel the exact same way.  I had a few beers like most did but by 9pm, it was kind of a sh!t show.  No food available, trash everywhere, and people not handling their alcohol very well.  It just wasn't a good atmosphere half way through the show.  

Great concert though.  I haven't seen Garth in almost 30 years.  He still puts on a pretty good show.

IMG_20210814_202159522_HDR.thumb.jpg.c343248b6bc0f3563d282d9d69219ac0.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I feel the exact same way.  I had a few beers like most did but by 9pm, it was kind of a sh!t show.  No food available, trash everywhere, and people not handling their alcohol very well.  It just wasn't a good atmosphere half way through the show.  

Great concert though.  I haven't seen Garth in almost 30 years.  He still puts on a pretty good show.

IMG_20210814_202159522_HDR.thumb.jpg.c343248b6bc0f3563d282d9d69219ac0.jpg

He played from 7 until 11?  Dang that is a long show.