Garth Brooks in Memorial Stadium

I had three beers as well why we were there. Great show as per usual for him if you've been to any of his shows before. We took our boys too so they could see him and they seemed to enjoy it. There were ALOT of folks that had wayyyy too many, but my guess is they were tailgating pretty early from the looks of it. One gal in front of me couldn't even stand up anymore and kept falling back into her chair as we were center stage section F row 11. I felt bad for her husband, but eventually he got her out of there before the show ended or he was going to have to carry her out. Exiting the stadium was the worst experience I've ever had at Memorial. Took FOREVER and then we were parked at the parking garage at 19th and Vine and we sat there for probably 45 minutes and no one could exit out of the parking garage. Concert was awesome otherwise, here's to hoping no one comes down with COVID from the thing. 

9 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I had three beers as well why we were there. Great show as per usual for him if you've been to any of his shows before. We took our boys too so they could see him and they seemed to enjoy it. There were ALOT of folks that had wayyyy too many, but my guess is they were tailgating pretty early from the looks of it. One gal in front of me couldn't even stand up anymore and kept falling back into her chair as we were center stage section F row 11. I felt bad for her husband, but eventually he got her out of there before the show ended or he was going to have to carry her out. Exiting the stadium was the worst experience I've ever had at Memorial. Took FOREVER and then we were parked at the parking garage at 19th and Vine and we sat there for probably 45 minutes and no one could exit out of the parking garage. Concert was awesome otherwise, here's to hoping no one comes down with COVID from the thing. 

If I've learned one thing from parking at Husker games in the past, it's never a good idea to park in a parking garage, no matter how less expensive it is compared to other lots.  The only time it's ok to park in a garage is if the game is an expected blow out or you plan on sticking around downtown Lincoln for a while after the game.  But, when the entire stadium empties out at the same time, you are going to spend 30-60 minutes sitting in your car (and not moving) in the parking garage.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Word is the numbers are they had 140,000 cans available and sole 128,000.

Word is the impression from the University is it went well but could have been much better.  Had similar food available as a football game inside the stadium but there was much less available outside so they ran out.  Also they weren't as prepared for the cleanup as they needed to be.

Something they'd be interested in again but not this close to football season.  And still the thinking is the stadium isn't really set up to sell alcohol (which I still don't particularly understand) so it's not going to change anything for athletics anytime soon.

Has anyone read or heard about any specific spike in cases or deaths from Covid regarding this concert? We are 2 weeks past it now...kind of strange. Especially when they have already attributed so many additional cases and rises in percentages of infections following Sturgis, which got over the same weekend. 

Just curious. 

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

Has anyone read or heard about any specific spike in cases or deaths from Covid regarding this concert? We are 2 weeks past it now...kind of strange. Especially when they have already attributed so many additional cases and rises in percentages of infections following Sturgis, which got over the same weekend. 

Just curious. 

One of the more frustrating things is that Rickets has decided none of this needs to be tracked and allowed for the public to view the data on line.  The other day, I wanted to go see how our health district is fairing and I can't find the info on line anymore.

12 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Just curious. 

Well, Garth did cancel the rest of his tour after playing Lincoln, due to Covid concerns. Might mean something, might not.

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

One of the more frustrating things is that Rickets has decided none of this needs to be tracked and allowed for the public to view the data on line.  The other day, I wanted to go see how our health district is fairing and I can't find the info on line anymore.

Agree here. Regardless of personal interpretation, citizens of the State of NE should be able to access those types of data to see for themselves. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Just curious. 

everyone knows motorcycle exhaust helps spread covid.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well, Garth did cancel the rest of his tour after playing Lincoln, due to Covid concerns. Might mean something, might not.

He had already announced before the Lincoln concert that they were "pausing" the rest of the tour for three weeks.  It seemed pretty likely before that concert that the rest were going to get cancelled.  So I don't think that had anything to do specifically with the Lincoln concert.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

He had already announced before the Lincoln concert that they were "pausing" the rest of the tour for three weeks.  It seemed pretty likely before that concert that the rest were going to get cancelled.  So I don't think that had anything to do specifically with the Lincoln concert.

I know, just trying to :stir:lol: